Forums

Help › Forums

clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 9:55 AM

Paul, take care of yourself. I have a torn left rotator cuff, it is very painful but I refuse to get cut.

This is just a game, worry about yourself and get better. It will still be here when you come back.

Don

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 4:56 PM

Clashes and turf wars are just another marketing scheme to get you to play more and spend more.  Winning a clash is no more a "status" of being better than anyone else than buying the best clubs the game has to offer is going to make you a better player.  You have to put the work in.  Owning the best clubs alone doesn't make you a better player, no more than scoring the most points in countless rounds played makes one club better than another. 

Playing countless rounds...is strictly based on volumne and paying more to play more.  There isn't a single member from the Georgian in the top 50 on the current earnings leaderboard.  I got tired of looking past that... but simply playing more and paying more doesn't make you better than anyone else, delusions of grandeur maybe, but not better...

This doesn't mean there are not good players there but they obviously don't invest as much of their time in events that bring out the best players because they can't keep playing ready go's over and over and over until they accumulate the most points.  

Keep feeding WGT your credits and cash though they like that.  It makes the game more affordable for the rest of us to play because they can continue to offer a virtual game at a relatively low cost because some clubs have deluded themselves into believing they actually "win" something that has virtually no real value.  

Feel free to "defend the absurdity" of it all, I have yet to hear a single rational or reasonable explanation for beating your head against a wall just to show that you could make your head bleed.  I have also heard from members that have left the "G" because of all the in fighting and bickering in their forum.  Sorry, but it doesn't sound like a very healthy place...

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:42 PM

pdb1:

All of that is completely untrue , not relevant , or insignificant . Sir . 

Just making a blatantly contradictory statement does not validate your claim in any way whatsoever, but sounds like your meds kicked in...sorry that could come across rude but it isn't meant that way...you, yourself referenced meds of some sort.  you may not be thinking clearly.

otherwise provide a single piece of documented evidence if you are going to make a valid counter argument.  All you are doing is throwing out a "straw man" argument with no foundation whatsoever, no logic, no reason, no facts that validate the mind numbing pursuit of nothing that has "real value" beyond a position on a leaderboard, which is at best merely an egoic pursuit!  

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your medical issues, be well get some rest.  

Since your actual position is unclear i havent read this entire thread just the last few pages, i dont really know you or your sincerity to genuine dialogue.  You could mean well and you could just be someone that enjoys talking nonsense.  You can find all types in message boards.  

You do realize anyone can create books to validate their own views while ignoring the facts that suggests otherwise...you only have to look at common controversial topics that are often "substantiated" or validated with their own selective facts.  Any genuinely honest and open minded person can recognize that.  If all you want to do is spew your own views without acknowledging another perspective then your position is more likely biased based on personal opinion than documented facts. 

If you can provide documentation that is also rooted in and derived by wgt stats and reference material disproving my statements feel free to provide the source material and references with links.  A simple discussion thread or opinionated statements are not facts.

• Nancy1959
    7,022 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 12:30 AM

pdb1:
    There isn't a single member from the Georgian in the top 50 on the current earnings leaderboard.

That is because we all play for our CC and not for ourselves in the WGT tournaments to win credits.  Well, except one of our members, who I believe has close to $30,000.00 in winnings and contributes little to our CC except for his close to 5 million xp.  We have plenty of really good players at The Georgian.

~Nancy

RSS