Forums

Help › Forums

Putt Preview

Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:03 AM (44 replies)
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 4:48 PM

It's worth noting that putt preview is a relatively new thing. None of us who've been around a while used it, simply because it didn't exist. I did give it a look when it debuted and thought that it might have made the dot movement make sense to me much earlier. 

What the OP is missing is that it's a tool to try to become better at the game. That's why it's only in practice mode.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:06 PM

YankeeJim:

Luckystar5:
    Sounds like someone just wants the easy road!  Maybe one of those that got a trophy for just showing up, and feels that he's entitled! 

How in the hell does the OP's question about the putting preview equate to easy roads and entitlement? He asked a simple, legitimate question and you 2 pious clowns go off on him like he's asking for the world. FFS, cut new players some slack, he just wants to have fun with his friends. 

YankeeJim:

Luckystar5:
    Sounds like someone just wants the easy road!  Maybe one of those that got a trophy for just showing up, and feels that he's entitled! 

How in the hell does the OP's question about the putting preview equate to easy roads and entitlement? He asked a simple, legitimate question and you 2 pious clowns go off on him like he's asking for the world. FFS, cut new players some slack, he just wants to have fun with his friends. 

to the baseball fan, I gave a very fair assessment when I said that it takes hours of playing and learning and mapping, without that he would not last long,,,,,I didn't jump on him,,,,,not til he attacked me and 2 others,,,,,,,,

As far as an entitled cry baby,  he self admitted that he has quit more games than he's played,  so he stamped his feet and went home crying!  That's what it sounds like to me ,,, not going to play til I get the putting helper,,,,Doesn't that sound like entitlement demanding to u?  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 5:23 PM

YankeeJim:
    It's not even a question, it's an observation and opinion. He only asked one question. (Hint: look for the question mark.)

My point was that his post (in its totality) was not just a simple question, legitimate or otherwise. There was more to his post than the question. And it is that part of the post (as well as his subsequent posts) that some of us took issue with. 

Finally, as an aside, my initial post only stated that I hoped his post was satire. But then he elevated the discourse by suggesting that I (along with others) are "self centered" and have a "limited vocabulary" (i.e. not very smart). 

Why you're defending this person absolutely baffles me. His initial post is just the kind of one that you usually ridicule for its "gamer" approach to WGT. 

Seriously, does the lack of the "putt preview" in all of the courses or rounds other than practice rounds really need to be explained? I'm serious. Why would that need to be explained? 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 6:54 PM
    It also should be noted that putt preview IS available on every game mode including all tournament rounds on the mobile version.
  • aubreycat
    7 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 8:25 PM

It should be noted its only a tool. Thank you

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 8:38 PM
    borntobesting:
    It also should be noted that putt preview IS available on every game mode including all tournament rounds on the mobile version.
    Really??????

That is simply absurd

Yet another reason never to play on mobile IMO.

I tried putt preview on the PC platform (practice mode) once to see it in action....it worked pretty well and gave a fairly true line from what I saw......not for me.....nor is practice lol

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 9:33 PM

borntobesting:

This is NOT true, Joe. Putt preview is available for practice mode only on mobile as well.

I don't know where you got that info, but now THAT is simply absurd!

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 9:52 PM

I agree with Alan Looks like training wheels for mobile players,  Guess right maybe  guess wrong does more harm than good.  Especially faster greens. thank you

• jadzia58
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2017 12:40 AM

A little strong. Singling out a certain group is not right.   

However, It should not be available for anything but practice rounds.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:15 AM

Robert1893:
    Why you're defending this person absolutely baffles me. His initial post is just the kind of one that you usually ridicule for its "gamer" approach to WGT. 

I don't ridicule anybody for being a gamer, I just discount their rants. I don't see the OP as one that wants to get anywhere in this game other than to have fun hacking around with his friends. His post pretty much laid that out.

Robert1893:
    Seriously, does the lack of the "putt preview" in all of the courses or rounds other than practice rounds really need to be explained? I'm serious. Why would that need to be explained?

Because he might not have known it's only available in practice mode but more to the point, he might not have known he and his friends can have that feature AND play multiplayer games simply by setting them up in practice mode. 

Picture 3-4 regular friends or an office crew or any bunch of casual hackers playing a MP round. With putting as hard as it is it wouldn't take long for a round to go south after bogeys and worse happen because that casual player hasn't invested the time to learn. The operative word here is casual-they're in it for fun. Putting will destroy that fun and that preview feature might just make it equal for all of them to continue their casual hack around.

Re-read what he said.............

"........ none of us want to spend an extra couple of hours "gaming" and "guessing". We all wish to check in, tee off, and have putt preview on ALL courses. "  I gave him the answer to his wish that he politely asked for, including a thank you. No satire, no entitled rant, just a simple question.

RSS