Forums

Help › Forums

Putt Preview

Mon, Dec 17 2018 8:03 AM (44 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 9:40 AM

AceSkyKing:
    For the others like monkey, joe, and lucky, and robert - who are probably just self centered gamers with a limited vocabulary - I would say that you can kiss my putter.

LOL!

Dude, I'll match my level of education and vocabulary against yours any day. Not saying I'll be a clear winner, but I can hold my own in both categories. 

Jus' sayin'. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:16 AM

Sounds like someone just wants the easy road!  Maybe one of those that got a trophy for just showing up, and feels that he's entitled!   Lol    Someone needs to explain to him the tons of hours it takes to get good on here, me I wont waste my time with someone who stamps his feet and cries when he doesn't get his way!  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:30 AM

Luckystar5:
    Sounds like someone just wants the easy road!  Maybe one of those that got a trophy for just showing up, and feels that he's entitled!   Lol    Someone needs to explain to him the tons of hours it takes to get good on here, me I wont waste my time with someone who stamps his feet and cries when he doesn't get his way!  

From my limited vocabulary...

word. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:29 AM

It is unfortunate that people come to WGT thinking that it is a gamers site. There are no Easter eggs here (besides an occasional Sasquatch) but it is assumed that this game can be played like other games. But when one has to consider that IRL the pros practice for hours and here the top players practice for hours; this game has more in common to real golf than it does to Call of Duty.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:52 AM

Well said sir ! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 12:33 PM

Luckystar5:
    Sounds like someone just wants the easy road!  Maybe one of those that got a trophy for just showing up, and feels that he's entitled! 

How in the hell does the OP's question about the putting preview equate to easy roads and entitlement? He asked a simple, legitimate question and you 2 pious clowns go off on him like he's asking for the world. FFS, cut new players some slack, he just wants to have fun with his friends. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 12:42 PM

AceSkyKing:
    I am a recent subscriber to this site; only for the time being in Amateur status. I have several friends who I play with. None of us are impressed with the fact that Putt Preview is not available across all courses. This is extremely annoying because none of us want to spend an extra couple of hours "gaming" and "guessing". We all wish to check in, tee off, and have putt preview on ALL courses. In the past couple of weeks we all have forfeited more games that we have played because this feature wasn't available on the course we all agreed to. Can someone explain to me why putt preview is not on every course my group wishes to play on any given day? Thanks

IMO the main thing to start with is to get your speed.  Trying to think what you are on but for this let's say Stimp 8 (see forums more on that).  Inside of 10" you are looking to add 3 feet to that for real confident firm in.  Over 10' start taking 95% distance and adding or subtracting elevation.  OK stimp 8 is sticky so you won't be subtracting all usually..........That will get you in the ball park.

The auto putt predictor can be useful, but IMO you will soon find out how close you are anyway starting off there.  reading of the dots will come soon.  I think they are quite intuitive and representative of RL 3D and with a bit of "feel" soon you will be rockin'.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 2:16 PM

YankeeJim:
    How in the hell does the OP's question about the putting preview equate to easy roads and entitlement?

Simple. Because he wrote this:

None of us are impressed with the fact that Putt Preview is not available across all courses. This is extremely annoying because none of us want to spend an extra couple of hours "gaming" and "guessing". We all wish to check in, tee off, and have putt preview on ALL courses. 

That's not just a "simple question." 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 2:38 PM

HackWilson1930:
    There are no Easter eggs here

Wanna bet? There are 18 around Pinehurst ...  one on each hole if you care to go lookin' ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 30 2017 3:54 PM

Robert1893:

YankeeJim:
    How in the hell does the OP's question about the putting preview equate to easy roads and entitlement?

Simple. Because he wrote this:

None of us are impressed with the fact that Putt Preview is not available across all courses. This is extremely annoying because none of us want to spend an extra couple of hours "gaming" and "guessing". We all wish to check in, tee off, and have putt preview on ALL courses. 

That's not just a "simple question." 

It's not even a question, it's an observation and opinion. He only asked one question. (Hint: look for the question mark.)

RSS