Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Premier Membership

Tue, Mar 28 2023 12:39 PM (202 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 2:23 AM

18,000 cr  to play Cabo and Whistler for a year.    OK the XP is there too but a great many of us don't really care about our XP.   I bet all The Georgian CC will be rushing out to get this for the 4 hourly free passes.

Oh ,and  it's for one year.  OK there are the seriously good players with credits to burn that'll buy this.   I can't see there being too many though,  

The community thought Custom course prices were steep,  I'm guessing this is being rolled out as a clash prize incentive, or am I being cynical

• bikinigirl24
    313 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 3:22 AM

Why do you care what someone else does in another country club it's not your country club it's not your money are you jealous if I had the credits I would seriously consider getting a premier membership don't hate people because they may like the game more than you or take it more seriously and as a country club owner I wish I had more people in my country club dedicated to the game as the Georgian does 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 3:29 AM

If someone plays all 18 holes at  Cabo 365 times it costs 21900 credits so having  Premier membership would save 3900 credits. Sure makes sense if  a person wants to play Cabo  or Whistler that much in a year's time. Considering that I have played Cabo once in the last year, I think I will pass. I didn't even play Cabo or Whistler on a daily basis when they didn't cost anything.

If Oakmont were included, however, I would have to think about this offer a little longer.

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 3:41 AM

I would literally rather spend $180 on a trip to the dentist.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:30 AM

stevereilly:
    or am I being cynical

Nope.

Like Hack said, the cost doesn't warrant it. 

I might be able to see it if WGT was throwing in some sleeves. Maybe 1 a week or something like that. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:31 AM

If they had a few more perks like free balls for the year or the same perks but 1800 credits maybe but $180 for what you get is way too high.

• Poowanai275
    139 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:56 AM

18000 crs. to play Cabo and Whistler.. Sounds funny WGT would make it more valuable. I will consider to buy.. hope for more benefits

Mix

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 5:11 AM

Yes , More benefits !  Perhaps a weekly tournament for premier members , A discount on everything in the pro shop , The ability to gift your extra passes , A monthly raffle for gifts .

More Stuff !!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 5:15 AM

Wait for it, here it comes. This is a precursor to the future of WGT. They're floating the idea.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 5:25 AM

This has to be the most ridiculous, credit grabbing, hair brained idea ever dreamed up by WGT.  A company quite well known for silly ideas.

Seriously, $180 to play 2 virtual courses for free for a year?

I used to pay £180 for a years membership of my local 9 hole course.  Granted that was a while ago but there are still plenty of courses around where you can get membership for the same or not much more.

If this is the writing on the wall regarding introducing green fees then it's going to see a massive drop in people playing.  Perhaps I'm assuming a bit much though, just because it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck doesn't mean it isn't just some nutter dressed up like a duck and quacking.

RSS