Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Premier Membership

Tue, Mar 28 2023 12:39 PM (202 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 6:25 AM

I was thinkin' more like " lipstick on a pig " only now they took it one step further, strapped wings on it, an' they're waitin' to see if it'll fly. Sounds to me like they'd have better luck if they used a random idea generator, the law of averages says at least not all of them would be bad ones, whereas, I can't remember the last good one these clowns came up with.

Doc :)

Image result for boardroom meeting clowns

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 8:06 AM

The real question concerns the plans that TopGolf/WGT has for the future of WGT. Perhaps this Premier Membership is a trial balloon to see how players look at playing for a fee. Consider the possibility that WGT were to become a subscription game based on the Netflix or SiriusXM model. The first price floated was $15.00 per month. 

Don't be surprised if the company comes up with a tiered subscription model with basic membership around $5 / month with limited access to some courses.. The premium membership at $15 / month might have additional benefits that would include several sleeves of balls as well access to all courses. 

While I do not have any special insight, all of this makes sense when you consider that Hulu no longer has any "free" memberships. Given that people are more and more willing to pay larger sums for their entertainment   and that advertisers can find places that give greater quantities of views than WGT, these changes seem inevitable.

You might want to consider now how much you would pay to play here, or what you will do instead of playing here.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 8:46 AM

HackWilson1930:
    You might want to consider now how much you would pay to play here

In its present state, WGT is not worth a monthly subscription. Implementing one would decimate the CCs as well as friendships established through the game's social aspect. You'd wind up with a tiny fraction of the membership and basically destroy the whole thing.

IDK, maybe that's the way TG plans on writing this off.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 9:27 AM

YankeeJim:

HackWilson1930:
    You might want to consider now how much you would pay to play here

In its present state, WGT is not worth a monthly subscription. Implementing one would decimate the CCs as well as friendships established through the game's social aspect. You'd wind up with a tiny fraction of the membership and basically destroy the whole thing.

IDK, maybe that's the way TG plans on writing this off.

A huge +1 to both Hack and Jim.  I fear that may be the future, and Jim's comments are right on the money as to what will happen to the CCs.  Enjoy it while it lasts in it's current form.

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 11:19 AM

2 pics to sum up this Premier Membership "idea"...

#1 - The WGT TopGolf Premier Membership Development Team.

#2 - pic of the WGT Golf members who have actually purchased the Premier Membership

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 11:56 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:11 PM

TopShelf2010:

I find it interesting that in an another thread, a question was asked as to where to find this Premier Membership and a "mod" quickly responded. Yet here we are, 5 pages in of complaints and dislikes and no word from said "mod."

Don

What would you expect them to say ? That we as players are right and that this was a stupid idea . The mods cant give feedback like that , it would cost them their jobs if they did so . Like I stated in an earlier post we all know that this was another brain fart . I cant see any player even if they have the credits to burn , buying this item .

This may be a tester for future development will players go for it ? I really doubt if any will bite , and those who do wont make it worth the companys` while . The feedback will kill it and it will sit in the pro shop collecting dust . Its right beside the gold Max putter and may become another clash item to be won .

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:18 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:34 PM

lonniescott711:
    I cant see any player even if they have the credits to burn , buying this item .

I can.............I checked and was not surprised:)......................Will be a minority thing and obviously let tomorrow work itself out attitude from WGT and in the VERY unlikely event it gets off the ground (maybe even New Ideas would expect surprise there) it will be lambasted across the board.  IMHO it really does not look like TG have any interest here beyond take what they can from the part they care little, whilst it is still about.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:46 PM

Does any of this really surprize any of you?  I've been playing on here, for just over a year, and have seen so much that nothing any more surprized me.  In just this one short year, I've read so many people complain about so much, and yet nothing changes. ( for the better that is) .  So much makes absolutely no sense, ie catering to one cc cuz they spend so much money.  There's only 250 members there, and how many thousands of others that play and aren't happy, Hello wake up.  So many complain about all the glitches, no help there either, but let's talk about making the members pay?  Pay for them to make it miserable, some even complain that this game is torture.  Yes ive had bad days on here, espically during clash days, but, oh yeah that's just a coincidence, I forgot.  (Coincidence every 2 weeks) So I just take it in stride and try to have fun on those good days, but I play alot less now than I did before.  Saving money on golf balls, that's a good thing, I won't go play real life golfing in 30mph winds, what makes wgt think I'll play clashs in the same conditions. All in all, I'm sure that I'm not alone in stating that if I'm gonna be charged to play, I probably won't.  Others I've spoken to, agree .  Yes I enjoy the game enough to purchase golf balls, but not much more than that.

RSS