Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • PaulBurtner
    30 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:30 AM

Folks, if you are looking for an active WGT Country Club, whose members truly care about each other, then SEL is the place for you. 

It was one year ago today when I joined SEL, on an out-of-the-blue discussion with bubbsboy let me to taking a flier on membership. While at first, I do admit, it was a tad overwhelming, I am so thankful I stuck with it...the folks here are a joy to play WGT with, are caring and compassionate about other members of the club and are willing to help you out when you are down on your luck.

There are tons of competitions available in SEL, as well as opportunities to square off against other CCs, but you'll not lack for opportunities for some fun golf, camaraderie and good times. 

I'm thankful I've joined SEL and I'm here for the long haul...I think you'll like it here too...just give it a proper chance!

Just reach out to bubbsboy and he'll get you started down the right path...

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 2:15 AM

It is a bit of a shock when you walk through the doors. There is so much stuff going on here. Hang around long enough, join in with the crew, you will come to see that SEL is truly one of a kind.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Mon, Jun 18 2018 3:50 AM

OUR CLUB SONG, don't go to the basement

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 3:54 PM

Anytime of year, you can find us here. That's SEL.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 2 2018 11:19 AM

Spring Tour ending this week and our 13 week Summer Tour will start next week.

In that we have 

Leagues.....4 divisions (20 in each) and feeder league for newcomers

Order of Merit

SELEX Tour (like FEDEX)

CTTH leagues.

Plus lots more, including a host of members comps.

We have always been an active club but we have now cut size down to club active and forum active. Some clubs have a couple hundered members but very few play and even less banter on forum........not here.

Its good to talk

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2018 11:42 PM

Always loads going on with great competitions and tournaments with excellent participation. Regular member organised and sponsored tournaments and lots of tips, help and guidance available from friendly and knowledgeable members on our Pro-boards forum..

If your interested in joining give Bubbs a shout or sign up on our ProBoards Forum

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 2:26 AM

New 13 week Summer Tour has started this week with our Endurance Competition.

Next week the leagues and Order of Merits start .

The Spring Tour event has just finished and all tables finalised.

Grace07 was our winner of the Order of Merit. 

Tip of the cap to Mark for the victory.

All of our members have logged on to our proboards in the past month and around 80 members use it daily.........banter here is top notch.

So if you want a friendly club where you can also arrange games via our chatbox function, then this is the place for you.

Recently ive cut members to around 120, so if you dont want to join in our friendly fun, then this is possibly not the place for you.

Thanks

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Jul 12 2018 5:36 PM

SEL. Resistance is futile. :-)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2018 5:25 PM

Unfortunately 2 of our 4 WC sides will meet in a 1/4 final clash. Goodluck to the Superb ladies and gents of the Thunder Chickens.  Oh and yes to Pips Pippens the "Diablo's" :-)

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 3:26 AM

Quite simply one of the best CC's going round. Yes there are a few really good CC's and SEL is one of them.

If you really want to have a crack at playing and joining in the fun then SEL is the place.

RSS