Forums

Help › Forums

Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 11:53 AM

Thank you Tillendman  .  You will be considered for the month of April .  Ill let you know by the 1st .

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 12:13 PM

This is a great group and offers a lot of great assistance, but your post @TLLENDMAN brings up an interesting question...would working with a mentor be more valuable than equipment or ball issues? 

I am not being critical or saying either of these would not help, but one member in our club has shared a saying...it isn't the arrow but the Indian that matters.  Now, it goes without saying once you move back to the Legend tees the top end equipment can help over mid range equipment when you are talking holding elevated greens and the like...but I just thought I would throw this out there.  

Our club has top players that volunteer to mentor fellow club members, maybe your club has one as well, or this could become another "gift" by the foundation where a top player offers to play a walk through round to help you think about the game a little differently...but, I will add...sometimes it really involves putting in the work rather than just winging it each time you go out.  

It is hard to get a clear picture from someone's stats because they can be influenced from countless rounds as we just get started or after we were just promoted and moved back to a new tee and found our scores become inflated...various things be a factor...hard to know without playing with someone.  

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 12:51 PM

TLLENDMAN:
    I've been playing for 2 years and don't see any improvement in my game. Don't know if better balls of better clubs would help.

I think some club changes would definitely help you. Almost all of the top players will recommend getting rid of the hybrid in favour of a third wedge. Generally a punch shot with the 3W works similarly to a hybrid, but having a third wedge will really help you control more of your approaches, particularly if you master the flop shot - that could save you several shots per round.

• SinCityScorpion
    8 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 1:09 PM

Hello CEverett / Bushwakers,

I would like to submit a name for April but to be forthright I had submitted a name last month for another member of our club and he was chosen as one your recipients (much thanks for that by the way) so if its inappropriate for me to do so again for a different member please let me know and I will fully understand. But just in case it is ok I would like to nominate CHARLIEH100 from our Fairway Fanatics club. I probably wouldn't be submitting this if not for something he did the other day. I had just made Legend and man did I throw some rants about how tough it was, up on our chat page. Charlie noticed this and took the time to write me a personal message talking me off my ledge and giving me positive input. That alone was enough for me to keep an open mind going forward but he didn't stop there the next day I get another message from Charlie and this time this stalker snuck into my virtual house and rummaged through my golf bag to sort out what I was using and what may help with the legend tier. He even went as far as to troll my stats and give me solid advice on what I can do to improve my game. CharlieH100 for April.

Thanks CEvertt and again Thanks Bushwackers for supporting such a generous cause.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:12 AM

SinCityScorpion:
    But just in case it is ok I would like to nominate CHARLIEH100 from our Fairway Fanatics club.

Ok buddy , Thanks . 

Charlieh100  -  You need to reply to this thread to be eligible .  Good Luck .

• SinCityScorpion
    8 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:48 AM

Thank you very much !!!

• CharlieH100
    288 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 11:09 AM

Hi - how very nice to even be considered. 

CharlieH100

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 11:20 AM

Haven't gone through the entire thread to see if Jim's been nominated before but if not, I'd like to nominate YankeeJim.  Jim is the forum post king -- helps out everyone who asks and I think is very worthy of that recognition.    

So yeah, YankeeJim.  

• TLLENDMAN
    79 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 1:44 PM

thanks for the advice Wutpa, I need to get my credits built up and get  some decent wedges

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 2:11 PM

kavvz:
    I'd like to nominate YankeeJim.  Jim is the forum post king -- helps out everyone who asks and I think is very worthy of that recognition.

I second this.

RSS