Help › Forums

Premium Balls are aoke

Fri, Jul 28 2017 4:35 PM (31 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 4:47 PM

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:
    Stroke, 225 ding with 2 taps above full bs.

If this means you took a full swing with a 3 iron I would expect you to be long.

With Vapor irons and a 71 Nike, I would have hit that full back spin choked to the left edge of the ruler on top of the meter and probably would have had a 9-10 ft return.

Me too. In fact my first thought was to play 223 full back...said to myself, go safe...so went with full 225 with 2 taps above full back spin. Remember i dinged the shot...

Result: first bounce at 217 on the stone wall and ball in water!!!

I know, i know...got vemed and all that stuff...sorry, but this vem story don't buying it anymore.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 4:52 PM

K7JBQ:

Now, back to Congressional #6, a classic risk/reward hole if there ever was one. Into the wind, at that distance, I would lay up as well. Downwind, I tend to shoot, if not right at the flag, at least just to the left of it. If you make your shot, you have an excellent chance at an eagle. If you miss the ding right and find the water, it's still pretty easy to make par. It's a nice short wedge from the drop area.

I've also seen players try to lay up from there, only to miss the ding a little right and have the ball trickle into the drink. Doesn't make much of a splash, but it's still a goner.

I absolutely agree that it's the classic risk/reward hole. But I still layup well over 90% of the time. I also agree that it's an easy up and down for a par, if it goes in the hazard on the second shot. But with even just an average layup, the third shot is one of the easiest wedges there is. And I've never put it into the water on a layup. Never even been close.

I just don't have any confidence that I can put a second shot close enough to get an excellent shot at an eagle. The few times I went for it with the second shot and found the green, I still ended up with about a 30-foot putt or so. I just don't make too many of those.

Sure, the way I play the hole, it pretty much takes eagle off the table. Even so, I still end up with birdie a lot of the time. And that's good enough for me.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:01 PM

Yiannis,

I've had the exact same result with the exact same shot. Couldn't figure it out either.

Unless, being Congressional, it was caused by a blast of hot air.

Yiannis1970:

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:
    Stroke, 225 ding with 2 taps above full bs.

If this means you took a full swing with a 3 iron I would expect you to be long.

With Vapor irons and a 71 Nike, I would have hit that full back spin choked to the left edge of the ruler on top of the meter and probably would have had a 9-10 ft return.

Me too. In fact my first thought was to play 223 full back...said to myself, go safe...so went with full 225 with 2 taps above full back spin. Remember i dinged the shot...

I know, i know...got vemed and all that stuff...sorry, but this vem story don't buying it anymore.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:10 PM

Robert1893:

K7JBQ:

Now, back to Congressional #6, a classic risk/reward hole if there ever was one. Into the wind, at that distance, I would lay up as well. Downwind, I tend to shoot, if not right at the flag, at least just to the left of it. If you make your shot, you have an excellent chance at an eagle. If you miss the ding right and find the water, it's still pretty easy to make par. It's a nice short wedge from the drop area.

I've also seen players try to lay up from there, only to miss the ding a little right and have the ball trickle into the drink. Doesn't make much of a splash, but it's still a goner.

I absolutely agree that it's the classic risk/reward hole. But I still layup well over 90% of the time. I also agree that it's an easy up and down for a par, if it goes in the hazard on the second shot. But with even just an average layup, the third shot is one of the easiest wedges there is. And I've never put it into the water on a layup. Never even been close.

I just don't have any confidence that I can put a second shot close enough to get an excellent shot at an eagle. The few times I went for it with the second shot and found the green, I still ended up with about a 30-foot putt or so. I just don't make too many of those.

Sure, the way I play the hole, it pretty much takes eagle off the table. Even so, I still end up with birdie a lot of the time. And that's good enough for me.

That's why it's such a great hole. 

I probably go for the green more than I should, but I've made quite a few eagles there. Not much break to the green, and you get an accurate read.

I do admit to checking how many hits I have left on the ball if the shot is iffy, though.

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 1:20 AM

PaulTon:

duda51:

Robert1893:
    I didn't want to flaunt my knowledge, but I was going to point out the same thing. ;-)

I think you were thinking about this.

AOKE Furniture SJ05E-D(P)

SJ05E-D series desks is a model of desks for kids,especially for children who are growing up.

Is there a different model numbered desk for children who aren't growing up?

Sure is buddy i think this will suit your needs just fine it`s  the AOKE DOKEE 1Fatfuk2 model                                                                                              Image result for adults high chair

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 5:24 AM

Yiannis1970:

I wouldn't either, I don't think that's a VEM issue, more like a deviation issue and THAT is the most galling, frustrating part of this game. It's like the circle of deviation is too big, or something. Short would be the last thing I would have expected there.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 6:47 AM

K7JBQ:
    That's why it's such a great hole. 

I probably go for the green more than I should, but I've made quite a few eagles there. Not much break to the green, and you get an accurate read.

I do admit to checking how many hits I have left on the ball if the shot is iffy, though.

It's one of my favorite holes.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 7:53 AM

I just lost a ball in that Congressional pond. Certainly not the fault of the premium Nike ball that I was using or the wonderful Nike 3 wood. No, I accept total blame for making a poor  shot by missing the ding late. Not VEM or WGT or Democrats or Republicans. I own it!

Perhaps more players and government officials should do the same. 

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 9:34 AM

Hi

YankeeJim:

Yiannis1970:

I wouldn't either, I don't think that's a VEM issue, more like a deviation issue and THAT is the most galling, frustrating part of this game. It's like the circle of deviation is too big, or something. Short would be the last thing I would have expected there.

Far from being an expert here, and I admit after only a quick read through of the last few posts, I would have been thinking around 220yds for the offending shot. If I hit my RSi 3 iron with that backspin (and my volviks) I'd be looking for it to stop dead on that. I can't speak for the Nikes but over that distance though, and I've been caught many a time, because of the extra elevation the clubs get I often find myself short when expecting to go close, just because the ball is higher quicker, therefore in the wind longer. 217 would then be about right.

It is a great risk and reward hole though, as has been said. Sadly though I take the risk and am rewarded, more often than not,with only a frustrating *SPLOSH*.
    I have noticed though that if I try and be clever or only go half hearted at it the chances of a final rinse increase dramatically.

A brave shot with Bertha, from 260yds+ 

And again with my 3 iron from 231

The scene of some great comedy moments too though, this being the latest. Tremendous toe strength on display

Sure to be washing another there soon.

Cheers!

Rich

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 9:50 AM

whooshdangit:
    If I hit my RSi 3 iron with that backspin (and my volviks) I'd be looking for it to stop dead on that.

Not with a wind like Yiannis described-10-12 tail. 

RSS