I think you were thinking about this.

😀

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:52 AM

Rick your account is 4 years old .

1,661 Ranked Rounds

6 Ball purchases this month

Ball of choice WGT G12-D 64 credits starting price .

My point is that the game is not new to you and you know how it works . 64 credits wont get you any premimum balls , for that you have to go 250 credits or higher . Its a game and it comes with a cost . So dont act like you dont know the hows and whys of the game .

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:00 PM

Simple. Premium balls travel farther than rocks. Ergo, they find more trouble. Stick with the rocks you're playing with now, and have fun.

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:47 PM

K7JBQ:
    Simple. Premium balls travel farther than rocks. Ergo, they find more trouble

This was tongue in cheek, yes?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 1:17 PM

Not at all. Just applied physics. Say you're 250 yards from the pin on Congressional #6. Which ball has a better chance of drowning?

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 1:25 PM

First, not all hazards or out of bound are a function of distance. Second, neither. From that distance, I would always choose to lay up, taking the hazard out of the equation. It's a course management issue, not a distance issue. Third, you neglect to take into account the other characteristics of higher-priced balls that make them easier to hit with precision. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 3:44 PM

duda51:

Robert1893:
    I didn't want to flaunt my knowledge, but I was going to point out the same thing. ;-)

I think you were thinking about this.

AOKE Furniture SJ05E-D(P)

SJ05E-D series desks is a model of desks for kids,especially for children who are growing up.

Is there a different model numbered desk for children who aren't growing up?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 4:03 PM

Now that we're completely hijacked the original post (probably a good idea), let me just say that the "premium" balls, such as the level 90 Nikes, are indeed easier to hit with precision, unless the wind is blowing and you choose to hit with backspin, in which case a missed ding will have very interesting results.

Now, back to Congressional #6, a classic risk/reward hole if there ever was one. Into the wind, at that distance, I would lay up as well. Downwind, I tend to shoot, if not right at the flag, at least just to the left of it. If you make your shot, you have an excellent chance at an eagle. If you miss the ding right and find the water, it's still pretty easy to make par. It's a nice short wedge from the drop area.

I've also seen players try to lay up from there, only to miss the ding a little right and have the ball trickle into the drink. Doesn't make much of a splash, but it's still a goner.

Robert1893:

First, not all hazards or out of bound are a function of distance. Second, neither. From that distance, I would always choose to lay up, taking the hazard out of the equation. It's a course management issue, not a distance issue. Third, you neglect to take into account the other characteristics of higher-priced balls that make them easier to hit with precision. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 4:31 PM

K7JBQ:

Now that we're completely hijacked the original post (probably a good idea), let me just say that the "premium" balls, such as the level 90 Nikes, are indeed easier to hit with precision, unless the wind is blowing and you choose to hit with backspin, in which case a missed ding will have very interesting results.

Now, back to Congressional #6, a classic risk/reward hole if there ever was one. Into the wind, at that distance, I would lay up as well. Downwind, I tend to shoot, if not right at the flag, at least just to the left of it. If you make your shot, you have an excellent chance at an eagle. If you miss the ding right and find the water, it's still pretty easy to make par. It's a nice short wedge from the drop area.

I've also seen players try to lay up from there, only to miss the ding a little right and have the ball trickle into the drink. Doesn't make much of a splash, but it's still a goner.

Robert1893:

Ok Bill...just a quick puzzle...it's quite fresh, 5' ago...

6 hole Congo. 230, wind 10-12 at eleven o'clock, green down 9 ft.

Stroke, 225 ding with 2 taps above full bs.

Line perfect.

What did this ball? Where ended?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 4:35 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Stroke, 225 ding with 2 taps above full bs.

If this means you took a full swing with a 3 iron I would expect you to be long.

With Vapor irons and a 71 Nike, I would have hit that full back spin choked to the left edge of the ruler on top of the meter and probably would have had a 9-10 ft return.

RSS