Forums

Help › Forums

Photobucket

Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:26 AM (68 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 1:38 AM

Just mended some more broken Photobucket images in some old posts of mine.

If you see any broken image links in my posts, it would be great if you could let me know where they are so I can mend them, thank you.  : )

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 8:20 AM

Wow , 40 bucks a month , That's terrible ..

I hope Imgur doesn't do that !

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 10:21 AM

Indeed. I blame Kim Kardashian, too many big butt selfies using up all the bandwidth, lol.  : )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Jul 8 2017 11:11 AM

ScottHope:

Indeed. I blame Kim Kardashian, too many big butt selfies using up all the bandwidth, lol.  : )

BTW, isn't Photobucket's marketing strategy as scurrilous as hell?

That's what the drug dealers do! They provide the shite for free at the beginning and once you get addicted, they start charging you.

Or the ransomware comes to my mind. Pay me if you want your images back!

So lame and cheap!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 2:26 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Or the ransomware comes to my mind.

That's what they were calling it in the recent news feed I read. Funny thing is, as soon as I read it I thought of Scott, read the comments and nowhere did I see the fix he presented here. I wonder how long that will work.  :-D

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 12:58 AM

If Photobucket are aware of the fix Jim, they probably will also be aware that adding it to the end of the image URL then posting it, will not work. It will only work if you have access to the HTML to be able to edit the image URL after posting, which I believe, most forums at least, do not allow. Therefore in that area, it is not much of a threat to Photobucket's new strategy.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 2:52 AM

The sad thing about this is a lot of Andyson's National Enquirer posts were on Photobucket. I surely hope someone has archived some of these for us. :(

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:15 AM

You can view some/all? of them here bery. I think GaryPinHunter has a link to them on his website too.

They're not lost.  : )

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 4:55 AM

Aha! Wonderful! :)

Edit: Well almost wonderful. If you click on any of the thumbnails, you get a "Please update your account to enable third party hosting".

Edit 2: They work quite well from Gary's website. Here's the linky: http://s1057.photobucket.com/user/andyson47/slideshow/Enquirer?sort=9

Cheers Scott!

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 5:19 AM

Oh, that shouldn't appear viewing the pictures on Photobuckets website. You could try right clicking on the 'Please update your account' image and choose open image in new tab (or something similar depending on your browser).

Thanks for the linky.  : )

RSS