Forums

Help › Forums

Photobucket

Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:26 AM (68 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 5:58 AM

BogeyOne:
    With so many other completely free and limitless image hosting sites out there, why would mess with PB?
    Good question BO. But Photobucket, for all its faults, has one thing going for it that no other hosting site has, that I'm aware of, and that is to do with the way the image links are constructed. This enables you change/modify a linked out image without having to change any of those links.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2019 8:08 PM

pdb1:

I got this email within hours of the above post Lol .

And that, my friends, is what Photobucket is all about!

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2019 5:28 AM

This paragraph taken from Photobuckets Ts&Cs concerns me a little...

"If you are over your allotted storage limit, Photobucket may suspend your Account until you take certain actions as described herein or terminate your Account, including removing your Content, without warning....

...IF A FREE ACCOUNT SUBSCRIBER EXCEEDS THEIR ALLOTTED STORAGE THEY MAY: UPGRADE TO A PAID ACCOUNT BY SELECTING THE APPROPRIATE PAID ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION LEVEL, REDUCE THE NUMBER OF IMAGES IN THEIR LIBRARY TO GET BELOW THEIR ALLOTTED STORAGE OR CLOSE THEIR FREE ACCOUNT. ALTERNATIVELY, PHOTOBUCKET MAY TERMINATE THE SUBSCRIBER'S ACCOUNT AND PERMANENTLY DELETE THEIR CONTENT."

So I'm currently deleting various pics until I get down to the allowed free account limit (250). I'd rather do this than lose everything without warning.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:45 AM

pdb1:
    I had more than 250 categories alone

Ouch, sounds like you have a lot of downloading to do.

I wouldn't say getting rid of 500 images is an easy task for me, but many of them are/were probably redundant or duplicated on other hosting sites I use. Still a chore to have to go through them all though.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:26 AM

I guess this will be the last time I post here as I have now deleted my Photobucket account. What was good about PB has long since been overshadowed by all the changes that have taken place over the past couple of years, so after 8 years with them, it's goodbye to Photobucket from me.

If anyone sees a broken Photobucket link in a post of mine, perhaps you would be kind enough to let me know and I'll see it gets mended.

Thank you.

RSS