Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:26 AM (68 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 5:24 PM

Deleted by BogeyOne. 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:40 AM

Yes Martin, I'm aware that you can still have a free account and that your picture shows up. But what they state in their Ts&Cs is that free accounts will not allow image linking or 3rd party hosting.

With millions of account holders and billions of images, I'm guessing it will take a while for them to screw up all of the free accounts. I will keep an eye on your image above.  : )

P.S. You've broken the thread with something in your post, perhaps you might like to edit it, thank you.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:57 AM

My ability to link from PB has now stopped. I tried it out the other day, and when i click on any of the image codes, it wont let me copy them. So its defo on the way out concerning linking to 3rd party etc.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 5:35 AM

ScottHope:

P.S. You've broken the thread with something in your post, perhaps you might like to edit it, thank you.

pretty sure it's the picture, it is too wide.  And why save as png. much larger memory usage, then jpg.

believe it's is 550 png.  I find 450 works better it most cases, but then I save as jpg also.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 7:20 AM

I think it's incorrectly formed HTML lists that break the threads Gary, rather than pictures that are too big.

Here's a thread that I have deliberately broken with an incorrectly formed list.

Although having said that, there's some weird stuff going on with regards to posting things at the moment.

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 8:37 PM

I got the email from PB a few hours ago telling me that my account is now restricted.  To hell with them.  I am going to another free image hosting service.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 11:44 PM

Welcome to the mass exodus club BogeyOne.....er, could you mend the thread now please.  : )

Thank you BogeyOne.  ; )

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 15 2017 4:13 AM

I expect Photobucket, as well as CNN, will slowly fade into oblivion but each for different reasons.

RSS