Forums

Help › Forums

Photobucket

Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:26 AM (68 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:10 AM

Looks like PB have killed the '~original' fix. Time to switch hosting sites.  : (

EDIT : Hmmm....now it's working again. : )

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 3:18 AM

ScottHope:

Looks like PB have killed the '~original' fix. Time to switch hosting sites.  : (

Someone from PB must have been reading this thread. I am not Yancy! lol

For anyone interested, I've saved off Andyson's National Enquirer pics that were on PB. As the second Andyson Annual Memorial is about to take place I'll be uploading a few of them during the course of it.

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 3:31 AM

I have never used Photobucket. On other forums I simply pull any photo from my computer and post it. If I want to copy an image that is from the web I just copy to my computer and then to the forum post. I don't usually post images often so I'm not overly concerned about it. However, I did ask my girlfriend if she had any problems with Photobucket and she said she did not. She owns a huge western site (The Rifleman) with thousands of images stored on Photobucket.

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 10:44 AM

Tom, if your girlfriend had a Photobucket plus account as of June 1st 2017, then she will be okay for image linking and 3rd party image hosting until 31st December 2018, provided she maintains her subscription. After that time, she will have to pay for a Plus 500 Plan to maintain image linking and 3rd party hosting, at a cost of $40/mth or $400/yr.

If she had a free or an Ad free account as of June 1st 2017, she might be in for a bit of a shock.

Photobucket Terms & Conditions

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 11:44 AM

PSUTOM:
    I simply pull any photo from my computer and post it.

How do you do this?

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:07 PM

If Tom doesn't mind me stepping in here Jim, it works along the same lines as how we change our avatar here at WGT, where we upload a picture directly from our computers.

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:08 PM

YankeeJim:

PSUTOM:
    I simply pull any photo from my computer and post it.

How do you do this?

On this website it appears that it can't be done as I explained. You must have a clickable tool in the post reply toolbar that usually says "img". When that is clicked on a window opens up allowing you to browse you computer files. You simply follow the instructions after that.

This website has HTML and will not allow what I'm talking about. Most forums do allow direct insert.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:57 PM

bery111:

ScottHope:

Someone from PB must have been reading this thread. I am not Yancy! lol

For anyone interested, I've saved off Andyson's National Enquirer pics that were on PB. As the second Andyson Annual Memorial is about to take place I'll be uploading a few of them during the course of it.

Thanks for keeping the work alive.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:00 PM

ScottHope:

If Tom doesn't mind me stepping in here Jim, it works along the same lines as how we change our avatar here at WGT, where we upload a picture directly from our computers.

Thanks but that doesn't answer my question, you need to dumb it down.

Also, on a side note, what does Photobucket do for you that Postimage doesn't? I remember you answering something along those lines a while ago, just can't remember what you said.

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 2:44 PM

I don't use Photobucket for uploading anymore, I switched to imgur a while ago but I still have many images on PB which are (were?) useful.

Postimage is fine, not that I use it. But I have no interest in uploading images in 0.1 sec. I usually add something extra to my images, to make any point I'm trying to get across, a little clearer.

I suppose any images we upload directly to WGT might be attachments. I'll have to Google it to find out more details.

RSS