Help › Forums

*** downtime tonight 6/28/17 ***

Sat, Jul 8 2017 4:04 PM (79 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 10:46 AM

MBaggese:

don't know or have a clue about Raptors, G10's and i15's

Damn Bags, I've had all of those in my bag (no relation I hope) at some point.  I think the i15 were still my favourite irons, hitting a ding with those really felt like you'd achieved something.

I really wish I'd never sold them.

There you go WGT, put those old clubs back in the shop at the old, or even slightly inflated, price and I'll guarantee at least one sale.

• gdog8
    1,356 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 11:43 AM

PRIESTESS:

Look at the colors on this.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e713a968-0b46-47a6-9ee6-a7a3005dd36c

Very nice Tess , Care to share what the inferno one that you have equipped looks like.  Just curioso~ CHeers GD

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 4:42 AM

Inferno one is similar with a  red streak after the explosion but not as graphically  intense as the cobalt one:)  The firework ball ( cobalt) edges it

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 1:37 PM

LOL @ these balls.......I am not really into gimmick balls, but one thing WGT is good at, is identifying an opportunity to create and sell balls.

The latest ones have decent specs and will appeal to some.and hey, in a fun game of alt shot, there will be some entertainment value.

I remember playing alt with a mate - he is a gruff well built dude, into heavy metal.....and he used a valentines ball......still brings a smile to my face.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 2:55 PM

alanti:
    LOL @ Baggs balls

alanti:
    His latest ones have a great feel

alanti:
    I remember playing with them

alanti:
    still brings a smile to my face.

Fixed it up for ya....

• Nancy1959
    7,077 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2017 7:38 PM

phred952:

Bubblesimba:

phred952:
    If you are going to blame WGT have your facts right please.

i played a round on wednesday morning before work at 6 am, cdp was at 377.

i logged on thursday morning before work, 6 am Belgium time, cdp starts here at 2 am,

Cdp stated 1, where did i get it wrong ?

Joz

OK, I'm sorry, I owe you an apology.  From the way you posted things, I got the impression that you tried to log on to play while the downtime was going on and couldn't.  And didn't try again later.

It would appear that the system didn't show the round Wednesday  as being played.    So with the new day Thursday, it reset CDP to 1.  I've developed a pattern of only playing 1 random hole the first time on after the start of the new day.  I use my CC pass then, and after I complete it I confirm that the green check mark is showing, to be sure it registers I played for that day.  That way I see instantly if there is a problem.  Something to consider.  

If you haven't done so, the best thing is to contact CS and ask them to re-instate your CDP.  They have done so for some other people.  It's worth a try.

Good Luck and I hope it works out.

Jeff

I just lost about 600 CDP.  After I was encouraged to write WGT Customer Service, I did so.  Their answer was a pat answer, but it came back "No."  I wrote back and explained that I have had the same routine for a very long time, that even if I didn't have time to play a round, I would log in every evening after 8:00 pm EST and play one hole (nearly 24 hours before my CDP would expire).  Our messages went back and forth for several days and their final answer was that they wouldn't do it because they didn't see that WGT had any technical issues that night.

Now, I have heard of many that have made this simple request (everything from "My dog got sick and I had to take it to the hospital" to "My internet service was down when I tried to log on with a few minutes before it expired.") No matter the reason, if customer service got this request, they complied, I was advised.

Now, I don't know if I exited after playing that one hole before WGT credited my day or what happened.  But, as always, I did play that hole.  The next evening, without even looking, I played one hole and saw that I got about 9 holes as it started me back at 1 CDP.

I am part of a CC that doesn't care at all about XP.   Really, I don't  care much either.  But it's the principle of the thing.  WGT has done this for so many and they wouldn't do it for me, despite the fact that I did play that one hole and didn't get credited.  My last message asked them why this was so, and they never gave me a reply.

For that reason, just three weeks shy of SEVEN YEARS ON WGT, spending a lot of time and a small fortune, I QUIT.  I haven't really played much in the past few months because I was taking a break, but I was definitely planning on returning.  Not now.

This decision to quit is simply my protest for the poor customer service by TrueGolf and their double standards (I guess it would have helped if I was a member of The Georgian).  I'm done playing on here and will not spend another dime to put in their pockets.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 5:48 AM

LMFAO Bags^

fyi,  no fixing needed on this reply effer.  :)

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 6:28 AM

mathia14:

Only thing left are want kind of bugs did they add?

Ever since this latest downtime, it takes forever to load pages, or seeing a comment FINALLY post after hitting "POST"...since last week's downtime, almost every round I play (solo or multi-player), there are several times when my avatar freezes after I've already swung the club...the "game client" screen indicates I have plug-ins blocked (even though my settings indicate I do not), which I then manually unblock - that used to happen on the main screen a while back but no longer does. Now it's on the "second screen"? 

Way too many times when they have these maintenance updates, something unexpected goes wrong - we've seen in the past when they have corrected one problem only to create even more problems. Why does this keep happening over and over? We see the replies whenever WGT announces one of these, players are posting wondering what's going to go wrong this time?

This is such a great game, but can't they do something regarding whenever they have a downtime, how all these unexpected errors arise afterwards?

• Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 7:22 AM

I tried the new `expensive` Inferno ball that was introduced on that same update.

Yes it is amazing to watch the trail in the air if you are into gimmick balls...they are fun to use in alt/shot games....but....hit the drive and nice smooth meter....hit your second shot and meter goes crazy with hops and skips and spikes and that dreaded sudden rush when nearing the ding line. On putts sometimes meter is smooth then next putt has spikes and hops again.

Obviously another bug. Maybe all the explosions are affecting the meter...like when we have to turn off putting grid and reflections etc in the main menu to help smooth the meter. Normally I do have a smooth meter using Maxthon 3. I also have a mainly smooth meter if I change to other browsers....but not with that Inferno ball. I am normally a Callaway or Nike ball user.

Only my opinion of course and try them if you wish...just beware.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2017 8:08 AM

And now yet another new bug apparently...I am trying to set up a multi round tournament for my country club, but when I click on "2" for the number of rounds all I get is a spinning circle...that never stops. It's stuck on one round. I reloaded the site several times, same thing every time. Thanks WGT...I will contact customer service about this...

RSS