Forums

Help › Forums

CC Event #50

Mon, Jul 10 2017 3:34 PM (97 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:19 AM

Just for the record my comments are squarely at the "clash event".  There is a minority that like it and that is fine............. 

dancingdennis:
    nning doesn't appear to come to an end until some club (250 club) wants to end it. That doesn't mean you have to spend that every 2 weeks, unless you want to start your own winning streak.

They could make it clubs with no more than a differential of 2 members, and thus be a thing that is very beyond easy to gear up for. Nothing would change the basic concept other than scrappage.

The fact you do not see anything beyond ridiculous about all parts of that which it is (edit: to the majority) means we just look on it very very differently...........Fine.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 1:09 PM

dancingdennis:

Yes club size is a factor for sure, tier would be the ideal, but there are lots of 250 clubs & a lot of them participate. But the negative comments regarding one club winning doesn't appear to come to an end until some club (250 club) wants to end it. That doesn't mean you have to spend that every 2 weeks, unless you want to start your own winning streak. But really asking a club to step down is pathetic 

+1 on The Georgian NEVER stepping down.  In fact, I hope they win every clash from here on out as that's the dubious achievement they set out to achieve.

-1,000,000 concerning a 250 member CC wanting to end The Georgian's reign.  For who? For what? 

Come on Dennis, you and I both know the following is true...

• Sue has recruited Clash ringers to fill her membership roster. 
      • She and The Georgian members have even purchased entire sets of new clubs for clash recruits
      • She offered unlimited balls to clash recruits
      • She's offered a CC Director position to clash recruits
    • While Sue doesn't require members to buy CC Passes there are members of The Georgian who routinely spend $300-$450 per month on the game....some even spend more...way more.
    • Sue has convinced people that striving to win a "virtual" GP in the clashes actually means something...as in being the #1 CC on WGT.
    • Members of The Georgian actually try to outspend one another in a quest for a "virtual" GP.  And...these members actually feel that GP is worth something because WGT has put an arbitrary value of 400,000 credits on that GP.  We all know the GP isn't worth anything.  Even Mags was given it to try out and he likes the Sabertooth which he carries in his bag better...and he liked the Nike he carried before that one better than the GP too.
    • Some of the clash ringers just show up on The Georgian roster for the 48hr clash and return to their actual CC afterwards.

IMO, all of the above points to a virtual CC comprised of members who have a very low self-esteem and who need to be socially confirmed by artificial "greatness" by amassing artificial "wealth".  And the fact that they view the clash events as a "valid" competition tells me they should also be seeking some form of artificial "intelligence". 

The Georgian members should be spending more time here vs. playing this game...

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 1:56 PM

+ a lot above, great post

Now WGT delete this post of mine like the last one, for what nobody knows

To say we prefer club comps in our droves at SEL or to post a link where we had our easiest ever Inter cc win over them ?

Puzzled............but not surprised.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 2:56 PM

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2017 1:14 PM

:-)  

^^^ Haven't posted this in a while.

• trix3387
    81 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 2:45 PM

pmm711:

dancingdennis:

Yes club size is a factor for sure, tier would be the ideal, but there are lots of 250 clubs & a lot of them participate. But the negative comments regarding one club winning doesn't appear to come to an end until some club (250 club) wants to end it. That doesn't mean you have to spend that every 2 weeks, unless you want to start your own winning streak. But really asking a club to step down is pathetic 

+1 on The Georgian NEVER stepping down.  In fact, I hope they win every clash from here on out as that's the dubious achievement they set out to achieve.

-1,000,000 concerning a 250 member CC wanting to end The Georgian's reign.  For who? For what? 

Come on Dennis, you and I both know the following is true...

• Sue has recruited Clash ringers to fill her membership roster. 
      • She and The Georgian members have even purchased entire sets of new clubs for clash recruits
      • She offered unlimited balls to clash recruits
      • She's offered a CC Director position to clash recruits
    • While Sue doesn't require members to buy CC Passes there are members of The Georgian who routinely spend $300-$450 per month on the game....some even spend more...way more.
    • Sue has convinced people that striving to win a "virtual" GP in the clashes actually means something...as in being the #1 CC on WGT.
    • Members of The Georgian actually try to outspend one another in a quest for a "virtual" GP.  And...these members actually feel that GP is worth something because WGT has put an arbitrary value of 400,000 credits on that GP.  We all know the GP isn't worth anything.  Even Mags was given it to try out and he likes the Sabertooth which he carries in his bag better...and he liked the Nike he carried before that one better than the GP too.
    • Some of the clash ringers just show up on The Georgian roster for the 48hr clash and return to their actual CC afterwards.

IMO, all of the above points to a virtual CC comprised of members who have a very low self-esteem and who need to be socially confirmed by artificial "greatness" by amassing artificial "wealth".  And the fact that they view the clash events as a "valid" competition tells me they should also be seeking some form of artificial "intelligence". 

The Georgian members should be spending more time here vs. playing this game...

You realize that if every member just uses their free passes in 8 of the 11 clashes in 48 hours, and scores a mediocre 59 points (7 pars, 2 birdies) each time, it would be 113k+ points right? 

Basic participation from all team members is all it takes to win. 

You are the insane one if you think it takes members spending $300/clash to win. It just takes everyone actually playing. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 6:07 PM

@trix3387:

You guys never address the built in unfairness of pitting a CC with 250 members against much smaller ones.  The sheer numbers of free passes give your CC an unfair advantage that can't be overcome by the smaller CC's.  

Then you come up with the same old useless platitudes so you can feel good about your accomplishments.  Your CC is willing to do what ever it takes to win at any cost.  But it's not an accomplishment based on skill, just numbers.  Or an auction as it's been called.

If you Georgian members enjoy the clashes, keep playing them. I don't have a problem with that.  But winning them is not the be all and end all of WGT.  

Most people I know on here have a life away from this game  And taking pride in being #1 in this non-competition is sad.  It reminds me of the little lizard who was proud of his heritage because he was part dinosaur on his mothers side.

phred952

• trix3387
    81 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2017 4:52 AM

phred952:

@trix3387:

You guys never address the built in unfairness of pitting a CC with 250 members against much smaller ones.  The sheer numbers of free passes give your CC an unfair advantage that can't be overcome by the smaller CC's.  

Then you come up with the same old useless platitudes so you can feel good about your accomplishments.  Your CC is willing to do what ever it takes to win at any cost.  But it's not an accomplishment based on skill, just numbers.  Or an auction as it's been called.

If you Georgian members enjoy the clashes, keep playing them. I don't have a problem with that.  But winning them is not the be all and end all of WGT.  

Most people I know on here have a life away from this game  And taking pride in being #1 in this non-competition is sad.  It reminds me of the little lizard who was proud of his heritage because he was part dinosaur on his mothers side.

phred952

Ok, "you don't care" says the guy on the fictional golf game message board who writes 3 paragraphs describing how much he doesn't care. 

Also every club above level 11 can have 250 members, which are 90% of clubs on the leaderboard. 

RSS