Forums

Help › Forums

Smooth Meter 2017 -- GUIDE

Tue, Jul 25 2017 10:40 AM (104 replies)
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 12:58 PM

My poor old computer is so past it (and very poor, spec-wise), none of this seemingly good advice will help, but as far as the click-reaction time test goes, this one is more fun...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 1:04 PM

A classic from Andyson back in the day. Thanks for bringing it back.  :-)

Warning: Serious aggravation ahead.  LOL

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 1:55 PM

Damn it, now I know where my weekend is going to be spent   :  ((

• pmm711
    5,536 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 6:09 PM

The game played superbly on a 27" iMac and the wireless iMouse at an Apple Store while I was waiting for service...smoothest meter I ever experienced...

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 6:23 PM

again, and as Dan said, good or bad, we adjust;

if we are clicking a meter (which unlike the tests) is moving and we have to click when it crosses a certain area and we find we are late we try to click an imaginary point before the meter, etc. etc. 

It's a timing thing, nothing strange to gamers or musicians (esp. drummers) etc. who employ these techniques. 

My nickle: don't replace a mouse that is working efficiently. Unless you want to.

• Traciebee
    433 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2017 9:18 PM

does this work

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2017 4:01 AM

JFidanza:

again, and as Dan said, good or bad, we adjust;

if we are clicking a meter (which unlike the tests) is moving and we have to click when it crosses a certain area and we find we are late we try to click an imaginary point before the meter, etc. etc. 

It's a timing thing, nothing strange to gamers or musicians (esp. drummers) etc. who employ these techniques. 

My nickle: don't replace a mouse that is working efficiently. Unless you want to.

There are many mice (not even cheap ones) with a delay that is not consistant. You click early as you should and it slides by. Then sometimes you click early and it registers when it should. It still helps to have a mouse register sooner on top of that using a visual que or not. I've found that the cheaper mice tend to have this slide problem but not always. If not then you are partially right

AgentBrown123:

I found that the higher rated polling rate mice makes timing consistent, and didn't have one slide by while next click registers faster. Higher refreshrate monitor in hz made click show up more instantaneously, but did not however fix inconsitencies in meter responsiveness,

All being said if you have an older slow pc, these recommendations may not help as much as if you have a modern pc. But a modern pc WILL NOT solve these problems and a mediocre new pc will beat a top of the line pc if these stipulations are met. Save your money,

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2017 5:28 AM

pmm711:

The game played superbly on a 27" iMac and the wireless iMouse at an Apple Store while I was waiting for service...smoothest meter I ever experienced...

I have a brand new one of these at my work with the same wireless mouse. I7 intel cpu radeon m290x.

I tried to play qualifier at erin hills. I would have shot a 63.. The delay was TERRIBLE and inconsistent. To those who have never tried better it might seem good. Smooth doesn't necessarily mean it's a good meter, a reactive consistent one while smooth is.

This is misinformation at it's finest. Ignorance is bliss.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2017 5:36 AM

AgentBrown123:

I tried to play qualifier at erin hills. I would have shot a 63.. The delay was TERRIBLE

Don't spread misinformation...

Thought the consensus was...

What works for one, doesn't work for all ?

Now do us all a favour AB..

and fook off !!!

Andy

RSS