Forums

Help › Forums

Smooth Meter 2017 -- GUIDE

Tue, Jul 25 2017 10:40 AM (104 replies)
  • HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2017 6:11 AM

In my opinion and that is all it is the opinion of a stupid old fart, I think the practice game bares very little resemblence to the stroke play game, at least with starter clubs.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 10:20 AM

Please note edit notes as I took some critisicms and altered original adivse some.

AB

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 6:29 PM

Has anyone bought a gaming mouse and notcied any difference?

I've just ordered one of these (who wants a boring ol' black / white mouse)

I'll play a dozen rounds with it once it arrives, and report back :)

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2017 6:52 AM

DonCaron:

Lesthanpar:

igolfdoyou1:

A good mid-range gaming mouse helps significantly..

Oh yes it does!

I just bought the Rival 300. I let you know what I think in 3 days

...and?

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 10:40 AM

Essisdaddy:

Has anyone bought a gaming mouse and notcied any difference?

I've just ordered one of these (who wants a boring ol' black / white mouse)

I'll play a dozen rounds with it once it arrives, and report back :)

Best €27 ($30) I've ever spent on computerware - I cannot even begin to imagine what a $150 mouse does...

It's programmable beyond belief (ten buttons/actions are programmable), you can set fiver user profiles, it fits like a glove (it's the biggest mouse I've personally ever used), it's relatively light for its size, you can customise it on the fly, there's an app for it, and the neat thing is, the scrollwheel's & lateral lights' colour strips pulse with 64 colours available. 10/10.

DPI settings from 50 - 8200
    (DPI simply means how far the mouse POINTER moves relative to the movement of the physical mouse - 50 DPI means I need half the bloody table to go across the laptop screen, 8200 = about 1½"!!!)

Polling Rate 125 - 1000Hz
    (Polling rate is how often the mouse "talks to" the computer - the higher number, the more often it communicates. THIS, and not DPI is what affects performance)

I have read/heard/been told that there is very little noticeable difference between polling rates of 500 & 100Hz, other than the fact that 1000Hz eats up a lot more CPU than 500, and therefore has more of an impact on the computer's performance.

At 1000Hz, and I was sliding the mouse back and forth for all I was worth -

Oh yeah - the whole point of buying it

Well, WGT-wise, I haven't improved much for one very simple reason: I am the single worst putter I know on this game. 8-9 & 16-18 greens hit regularly, and 5-7 & 12-16 two-putts just as regularly.

But I can also state that I have never hit the ding as often as I have with this thing.

Flicking between 50, 800, 3400 DPI in less than a second, so fine tuning the spin at 50, or swinging the club at 3400 is absurdly easy.

I'm still learning it (probably never WILL get 100% out of it because it's so good) but I love it. End of.

~Phil

RSS