Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment advice

Sun, Sep 23 2018 5:15 AM (89 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2017 10:31 AM

JohanTV:
    The forgiveness is the only difference I can see. Are there other advantaged versus the others below 85.

Meter speed is better and its cheaper.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2017 1:35 PM

Right, the Callys replaced the original level Nike's (before the level drop sale), with slightly slower meter speeds.  And slightly higher prices.

• james38372
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 7:50 AM

im having trouble ,when i log on it says 3 clubs are out of bag then i try to change club it does not go there and i cant play because of this im lev 88 almost pro .this game is broke can someone tell the maker of this game that they need to fix the eq section so i can change clubs i have 92 cradits ,thanks.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, May 18 2017 11:41 AM

Looking at your equipment, you have two woods on rental and the rest is starter equipment. You are missing one club, either another wedge or a hybrid.

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Sat, May 20 2017 3:45 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

JohanTV:
    Buying a new set of irons is currently not the plan,

You don't need to. Speedblades are excellent. I'd suggest L80 wedge too. I'd say wait till u get to Master and see the option for driver. For putter, L35 Spider and L55 Rossa are good budget options.

Yes, the TaylorMade SpeedBlade Iron Set (Steel) (L75+) are great. If I hit the ding! It happens too often however I'm misdinging and with little forgiveness I'm in trouble a lot. Buying slowmeter balls is not something I want to do since this will cost a load of credits.

So I was planning to buy a driver but now I'm thinking of changing my Irons.

I recently progressed to master and now a few days from L85.

The Callaway Steelhead XR Iron Set (L85) could be an alternative for my L75 Steelblades since they seem a little more forgiving with a slower meter. But are they as precise as the speedblades?

Has anyone played with both and can compare these?

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2017 10:16 AM

JohanTV:

Vaibhav5viv:

JohanTV:
    Buying a new set of irons is currently not the plan,

You don't need to. Speedblades are excellent. I'd suggest L80 wedge too. I'd say wait till u get to Master and see the option for driver. For putter, L35 Spider and L55 Rossa are good budget options.

Yes, the TaylorMade SpeedBlade Iron Set (Steel) (L75+) are great. If I hit the ding! It happens too often however I'm misdinging and with little forgiveness I'm in trouble a lot. Buying slowmeter balls is not something I want to do since this will cost a load of credits.

So I was planning to buy a driver but now I'm thinking of changing my Irons.

I recently progressed to master and now a few days from L85.

The Callaway Steelhead XR Iron Set (L85) could be an alternative for my L75 Steelblades since they seem a little more forgiving with a slower meter. But are they as precise as the speedblades?

Has anyone played with both and can compare these?

I never played the speedblades, but I used the L90 Rsi2 irons for a while.  They also have a 3.0 meter speed.  I eventually gave them up as I had problems with swing timing.  Those Callys will play about the same as the Nikes (L85 reduced to L80) before them did, with a slightly slower meter.

While I know you said you don't want to buy balls, there are options available that don't cost a lot.  Consider the G1-S, G12-S and the G13-S.  They are 49, 64 and 99 credits respectively for a sleeve.  They have meter speeds of 1.0, 2.0 and 2.5, and all have 1.0 dot of spin.  All have durability of 2.0 and should be good for about 120 hits per ball.

The Tour SD balls have 0.0 meter speed, but offer 2.0 of spin and distance.  They are 1.5 durability and should be good for around 95-100 hits.  They cost 65 credits a sleeve.  

The Cally L33 is probably the most popular ball on WGT @ 250 credits per sleeve.  They have good distance and spin ratings with a durability of 2.5 and are good for about 120 hits also.

I hope this helps a bit.

phred952

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2017 3:21 PM

Thanks phred952. I tried some of the cheaper balls already and they helped a little. the reason not wanting to buy balls is that it are recurring costs and balls are really gone pretty fast. So if you play a lot it is pretty expensive. I dont want to watch free videos or do surveys forever! Anyway, perhaps 4 months of playing is too short and I will get used to the 3 speed. Thanks again for your input.

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Tue, May 23 2017 3:26 PM

JohanTV:

kavvz:

There is only 1 driver at 85, the Callaway Fusion.

Others before it are ok too, but if you're waiting till 85 that's the one and only one.

I haven't played it but that's the one I had in mind :-)

Today I went to Level 85 and could try the L85 Callaway Fusion driver.

The meterspeed as expected is ok. Forgiveness is ok. Distances with tailwind is also pretty good. Only with headwind it seems to be driving not as far as expected.

I played against a friend (also master) who has the Taylormade R1 L48 driver. We tested the distances on some holes. With tailwind the Callaway L85 won every time as it should (282 vs 275). With headwind the Taylormade L48 won most of the times. So I'm a little in doubt if I should buy the L85 Callaway or the SLDR L79. As mentioned earlier there seems no reviews of the Fusion L85 so this one seems tricky. Anyway, I had hoped to buy a driver today, but have to give it some extra thoughts.

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 1:27 AM

I took me some time but in the end rented the SLDR white (L79+) again and this performed good for me. Meter is 3.5 but not shrinking like eg the Ping L80 . I can handle the meterspeed with regular WGT balls which also helps. Also with headwind it makes a decent distance. So I bought the SLDR. Now looking for a new putter :-)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, May 27 2017 7:23 PM

Glad to hear you found one that works.  I also like a putter with scales in mostly 10 ft increments, so I've been using the Max Control (Master+) for about a years.  Its 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 200 and 300 ft increments work well for me.

phred952

RSS