Forums

Help › Forums

We Want Oakmont Back -- Petition

Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:14 PM (221 replies)
  • stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 1:22 PM

WGT could have put it to a vote if they had to lose a coarse to make way for Erin Hills ?        ( just presuming )

im sure most would have said goodbye to Merion over Oakmont ....

S2x.

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 2:37 PM

stevietwotimes:
    im sure most would have said goodbye to Merion over Oakmont ....

No! Not Merion.

But I wouldn't miss Kiawah.

But why lose any courses at all??

• quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 3:20 PM

i agree, reinstate oakmount, keep the black dress avatar.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        mh

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 5:05 PM

The way I read Icon's statement about the removal, it wasn't necessarily an expiration of the contract. Has someone seen something different that I missed?

Most business contracts these days are written so that either party may end the contract with 30 days' notice, My guess is that for whatever reason Oakmont did not want to be associated with WGT any more and called it off. The way I see it there was only a downside to Oakmont remaining here since WGT continues with its terrible reputation as a consumer unfriendly company.. I also doubt Oakmont was getting any real-life business as a result of the association with WGT.

I seriously doubt WGT has any control at all as to whether Oakmont comes back or not.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 5:07 PM

srellim234:

The way I read Icon's statement about the removal, it wasn't necessarily an expiration of the contract. Has someone seen something different that I missed?

Most business contracts these days are written so that either party may end the contract with 30 days' notice, My guess is that for whatever reason Oakmont did not want to be associated with WGT any more and called it off. The way I see it there was only a downside to Oakmont remaining here since WGT continues with its terrible reputation as a consumer unfriendly company.. I also doubt Oakmont was getting any real-life business as a result of the association with WGT.

I seriously doubt WGT has any control at all as to whether Oakmont comes back or not.

The only way at this point it would come back is when the U.S Open is hosted again and WGT still has their contract going with the USGA. From what I have heard from people I talked with, Oakmont is very protective about their grounds and such. No real surprise now that they ended the agreement with WGT.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 5:12 PM

I don't think it's any surprise wgt may have fked up the deal with oakmont. I am more upset about how the news was dealt that we lost the course than the loss itself, total lack of class. People must be used to poor customer service...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 6:24 PM

A petition here won't do diddly.

Steps of action to take are to contact WGT/TopGolf and contact OCC, get together and work out a deal.

I'm thinking AB is the man, after all, he's an ......

Agent.

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 6:52 PM

Well heres my opinion....

Maybe they have been keeping track of the most played courses and oakmont is the least played..

Maybe they need the space for the new erinhills??

Maybe there contract expired??

Maybe they dont have enough revenue to renew it...

Its only a course guys, stop with all the sad faces...

You guys think they have a million active players?? nope

When i search for a skins challenge i ALWAYS see the same players,rarely i get new people..

Wgt isnt as big as people think...

I wish it was...

You can see all the same people on the ready go results all the time..

Millions of registered players doesnt mean there is a millions let alone one million active players..

I wish wgt was that big...

the competition would be endless..

My opinion is they are a small company that cant grow unless more people join and start depositing..

This is the best interactive golf site in the world...

Thats my opinion...

I may be wrong also..

I want wgt to have 20 courses or more..

That way people cant be so darn good at each one cause there would be too many...LOL

Thats my opinion..I hope more courses get on here..

So this shouldnt be "i want oakmont back"

It should be "we want more courses"

We are lucky this community is even keeping wgt open..

They make no revenue from me, i dont deposit $ in here.. I win it..

But i do win alot of credits in skins games and therefore i take credits from people which helps wgt out cause they need to rebuy them..

So i do my part .LOL

I hope wgt all the best in the future...

I hope they add alot of courses...

2 a year would be nice but hey........

Lets not ask for too much...

Erin hills is hard and fun to play so far..

Goodluck wgt...

All the best..

NBN

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 9:06 PM

Lol Baggese,

Any kind of action won't change the fact that wgt has delegated itself as a nuisance of a golf game. They simply don't care anymore. The game is dying and thy're giving up. There's no saving it. Letting Oakmont go was the beginning of the end. Nothing I or anyone else tries will change that fact. 

It's been fun guys

Don't kid yourselves

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, Apr 30 2017 9:12 PM

RSS