Thu, Aug 31 2017 4:14 PM (221 replies)
  • whank
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, May 1 2017 2:33 PM

whaank

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 2:04 AM

I used Oakmont in a 4 round club competition and it was for round three starting 3 May tomorrow will the course still be available for this competition or does anyone know what may happen

Alan

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 10:45 AM

Oakmont was by far THE MOST CHALLENGING course WGT had to offer. 

How could you not be upset by this? Especially us older veterans. Oakmont was a beautiful course to play as well as CHALLENGE YOURSELF. I absolutely loved Oakmont.

All the other course are nice, some challenging. But again, we will never have as challenging of a course as Oakmont, NEVER. Even the best of the best would have a challenge with hardest tees, heavy winds, and hardest greens.

I find Kiawah a freaking joke. That said I know it was one of there first course create and developed so most of the graphics are that of TopGolf style.

Now, onto Erin Hills. Decent course, nothing exciting and the cut line is already 59,,,lol. This course too! Wiiiiide open. You will see high 40's in another month or two,,,LOL

Bottom line - Oakmont was a course that would challenge the best. Now what is there. Merion "can be" tough. depending on conditions. See, that is something no course has like Oakmont did. Oakmont was tough under ANY condition.

• RyjaTybas
    5,145 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 12:05 PM

overtheedge:

Oakmont was by far THE MOST CHALLENGING course WGT had to offer. 

How could you not be upset by this? Especially us older veterans. Oakmont was a beautiful course to play as well as CHALLENGE YOURSELF. I absolutely loved Oakmont.

So true, and so, so sad. 

The whole WGT experience is diminished without Oakmont.

I've deleted my custom courses (after losing the Oak holes) - and don't feel inspired to make any more.

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 12:25 PM

Those indifferent to upside down rear end jobs crack me up. They spend time to stop in here and post,"Get over it". 

As indicated, all the money and man hours spent building that course. Unceremoniously pushed out the door after dark. For whatever reason, its a business blunder that left a big black eye on WGT. Not without affecting the countless members that actually give a shite. 

GTF  I'm down with the credit ban on myself. 

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 12:45 PM

and WGT still doesn't care about those whining. Contract was terminated, it is what it is.... it is our decision to play or partake in repartee in the forums. Just be appreciative to be able to play this game for free online. I love it, win or lose. 

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 12:45 PM

For goodness sake its a computer game. We play what we are given, if we dont like it then dont play it. Nobody holds a gun to your head. So Oakmont has gone so what if it had never been there in the first place you would not miss it.

Talk about throwing toys out of the pram

Alan

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 1:01 PM

Clueless. I don't throw shite out that I invest hundreds of dollars on. I also don't sit idly with a customer service that is indifferent to just that. 

Why exactly do you waste time posting Alan? Do you think you're going to influence ANY of us that actually care? Let me tell you,no you wont. Did you read the op's title before coming in here? Go play with the other sheep. 

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 1:10 PM

Edgey54321:

For goodness sake its a computer game. We play what we are given, if we dont like it then dont play it. Nobody holds a gun to your head. So Oakmont has gone so what if it had never been there in the first place you would not miss it.

Talk about throwing toys out of the pram

Alan

If we don't like it, don't play it? Well, we liked it AND we wanted to play it!

They could have at least warned us about the loss of such a cherishes course. I too would have been willing to pay to play. There are many who put lots of their own money towards this game. We shouldn't be losing the best course on wgt without even a hint of an apology.

If it bothers you so much some of us care about this game while the loss of Oakmont does not, then why not stick to playing the game and courses you liked and heed your own advice?

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2017 1:48 PM

You ask why I post well its because I have an opinion, much like you do, the fact that my opinion does not match yours does not mean its wrong. What is wrong is when someone who has a different opinion is then told to basically stick his opinion.

Your answer to my last quote was not correct in terms that I wrote it, which shows basically that you have no time for other opinions and when they arrive you fail to read them correctly. 

Well I have a different opinion, I did not like Oakmont that much, its gone for what ever reason, the licence has been withdrawn, it is most likely a trade shall we say secret as to why, but it is not coming back, not in the short time.

So my advice to you with your different opinion to me would be to accept that because the licence is not being renewed that crying into you beer is not helping you at all.

The quote you took from my post needs to read with all the words not just the one's that suit you. My comment was not aimed at Oakmont as you well know being an intelligent person but at the whole game.

So please regard me with a similar intelligence Thank you in advance for that

I have just read your profile message I Quote here

"I am not giving wgt another dime into anything until Oakmont is reinstated. If it isn't, well that's me done with this game..."  

You are not giving them another dime, what do you mean giving, you give nothing to WGT what you do is buy products that they sell. You give them nothing. In fact they on occasions give you things.

The profile message will be interesting to follow up, I will be watching to see if you continue to play having stated quite unequivocally that you will never play again until Oakmont come back.

Well I wonder if you will actually follow up with what you say. If you do then well done I applaud a man of princlple, if you dont well we will all know what you are then

Regards Alan

RSS