Oakmont removed after update ??

Fri, Nov 10 2017 8:07 AM (99 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,996 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:09 AM

jayw4862:

WGTicon:

Hi,

Our agreement with the course has ended, so it’s no longer playable on WGT.

-WGTicon

What about the Custom Course Builders that include Oakmont holes? 

Do away with Chambers Bay and Royal St George, lol....use that money to re-sign with Oakmont :-)

You can edit a custom course without a new course builder.  You just can't hold a tourney with a custom course without a course builder.

While I would have liked to see Oakland kept, I like Chambers Bay and RSG even more. :-)

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:10 AM

Oakmont was my favorite course.... What a shame, how can the contract just not be renewed??

Sounds like topgolf the moneymaker is just cutting things instead of trying to make up revenue in other ways such as improvements and better marketing to game.

I agree with the person who described this as "disgraceful"

Jon

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:17 AM

WGT keeps coming up with clownish items in each upgrade that only serve to make the game look like some Coney Island arcade game.  First it was "cat" balls that apparently "meow" when struck.  Now we have some dope in a bow tie to use as an avatar.  Whoever said WGT has declined since TopGolf took over is absolutely right.

So what else happens ?  We get these clownish features and lose one of the best courses on the game, Oakmont.

Also since TopGolf took over, look how much more expensive equipment has become.  Where did they learn customer service ?  From Mr Haney on Green Acres ?  Their version of "customer service" seems to be, make your customers pay more and give them less.

So all the time, effort and expense they went through to photograph and then create Oakmont they just basically throw out like it's yesterday's garbage ?

It also should make everyone pause and ask....how many other course agreements is this place going to let expire thus eliminating more courses from the game ?

Keep it up WGT.....and soon you will have the serious players dropping this game like it's the plague.

In all my years with purchasing stuff online, or joining sites for gaming or whatever, WGT has absolutely the WORST customer service that I have ever experienced.  While I do give them kudos for answering email complaints (the very least they can do), in every other aspect of customer service, they S U C K.

And it's a shame....because it's the best virtual golf game on the planet...and it seems like they are going out of their way to destroy it.....

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:20 AM

Would this be toward the end of May... a Memorial Day weekend party?

• GDavis9489
    1,338 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:37 AM

Unfortunately its the serious players that they dont want. WGT would like to have incompetent players coming out of their ears; the ones that enter tournaments and pay the fee with no chance of winning. They dont want players who take money out of the game!

• Robbo81303
    411 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:38 AM

AgentBrown123:
    Oakmont was my favorite course.... What a shame, how can the contract just not be renewed??

I don't believe it had anything to do with any renewals.  All that was stated was that the agreement has ended.  

I suspect it was terminated by the folks at Oakmont after learning that their course was available in the Course Builder options.  Naturally, that's just speculation on my part and others, as the folks at WGT apparently don't respect us players enough to reveal any more than they have.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:41 AM

Robbo81303:

AgentBrown123:

I don't believe it had anything to do with any renewals.  All that was stated was that the agreement has ended.  

I suspect it was terminated by the folks at Oakmont after learning that their course was available in the Course Builder options.  Naturally, that's just speculation on my part and others, as the folks at WGT apparently don't respect us players enough to reveal any more than they have.

Renewing agreement dude. The agreement wasn't renewed, they decided to end it instead of renewing an agreement

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:51 AM

jayw4862:
    Do away with Chambers Bay and Royal St George, lol....use that money to re-sign with Oakmont :-)

@ LAST, a sensible suggestion..

May as well throw in Bandon as freebie. ;)

• 37fen
    27 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:52 AM

I concur with some of the general comments. To see Oakmont disappear is a travesty, for whatever reason. WGT certainly has gone downhill the last coupla years for sure. More stroke course choices are needed PLEASE!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 9:59 AM

As I understand it WGT's agreement is with the USGA and US Open courses, not each course independently....I think they just dropped the least played course to make room for the new CB clone, Erin Hills....

Like Augusta and TPC, Pebble Beach does fine without this site and wouldn't be here if it was up to them....

RSS