Forums

Help › Forums

2 Drivers/3 Wedges??

Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:34 PM (69 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:01 PM

I WANNA WATCH!  This is better than Tiger and Phil!  Does anyone know on which network this is being telivised?!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 12:27 PM

......and now a word from our sponser....

lol

Seriously though, because of this thread I tried the three wedges. I play the masters Taylor Made irons and wedges. Adding the tour pro LW fills the short yardage gap nicely.

........and now back to our feature program..........

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:41 PM

The results for the 'Battle of Labour Day' should arrive soon.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:53 PM

Indeed, Soulcatcher. I just got mercilessly trounced by Cobra4, 70-78 at Kiawah, congrats to him on that. (As to my excuses: I haven't had any breakfast, lunch or dinner so far today, and it's 10:41 p.m. now. And, I vow never to play more than 1 tournament game per day again.)

But the point I wanted to make about the safety of the Rapture driver compared to others still stands, even in these sorrowful moments for me.    Look at the Driving statistics from that game, Rapture driver vs. the R9 Pro driver:

Pretty persuasive, isn't it? Every fourth tee shot by the R9 was misfired. The average distance hit by the Rapture is negligibly smaller than that of the R9, despite the officially advertized 10 yards of advantage for the R9. And, the longest tee shot of the game was, in fact, hit by the Rapture driver. In approach play, Raptures prevail as well:

Where I mainly lost this game, was in putting, despite wielding my favourite Ping Redwood putter. This was a Redwood vs. Spider contest:

A putting average of 2.11 is ridiculous; my long-term average is 1.77, and I'm usually below that in important games. I don't actively feel hungry, but I guess the nerves don't really react properly under circumstances like those referred to above. Well, I'll be getting on my bike & driving to a round-the-clock Tesco shopping mall 15 minutes from here, in pitch darkness; if you never hear from me again, I got run over; Slovak drivers are generally known as frenzied creatures.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 2:05 PM

A tip of the cap and a round of applause to Faterson for maning up.  Looks like scrambling played a role too.  Congrats to Cobra4.  Now, Faterson, before offing yourself we all have a beer to quaff.  Then Faterson, you need to skip the mall and head directly to the practice putting green!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 2:07 PM

Very nicely done Cobra.........Good report Faterson......

Telling results for the Rapture driver.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 4:20 PM

Doublemochaman...you have me in stitches at times,excellent stuff,keep it going.

Mr Fatterson,if i may just have my say .My driving statistics are based on using the standard WGT ball,so obviously the speed is horendously fast,and the odd mis-shot is to be expected.All been said it proves that driving accuracy is not alone the reason for posting good scores.You have (apparentley) a far better putter than me,a far better Rapture iron set than my standard WGT set. But the true stats are in the putting.

P.S...The other 29% of my mis-drives is based on the fact i had a few too many Stella's during the round,and was totally p....d by the time i got in the 19th hole.For which i recieved a life time BAN ,for DRIVING under the inffluence of alcohol...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 4:29 PM

I smell a rematch.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:18 AM

whitten1823:

OOOh my goodness what have I started?!?!!??!

OMG is correct....geez all I did was share with you an answer to your original query with a very personal account of what I do so that I can compete effectively while playing ranked rounds on the WGT Ladder....if I had known all of this would have come of my response to your question I would have answered you privately.

It is clear that everyone will discover what is best for their particular virtual game...I have found mine for now; did not realize that sharing same could cause such controversy....c'mon guys, it is a game!

HBThree

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:31 AM

HB, you have done nothing but contribute advice to a fellow player! It is my fault the negative threads started, but I at times can't help but amuse myself via Faterson!! :)  

RSS