Forums

Help › Forums

2 Drivers/3 Wedges??

Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:34 PM (69 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 3:05 PM

Cobra4, I'm not carrying 2 drivers in my bag, although I could. It's the frequent Ladder 9 & Ladder 18 leader HBThree who does that. I think, Cobra4, when you're the leader of those Ladders with about 80% of all games won, you can then start lecturing others about what clubs not to carry in their bags.    Your opinion is fully legitimate and I respect it, but it's just an opinion; the opposite strategy has proved eminently successful so far.

Kaslo, there's no need for you to be fussing & fuming. You seem to specialize in making absurd, easily refutable statements. No one needs to be a Master to know that 3 Wood is an extremely useful club at Bethpage. Next time, you might perhaps want to support your allegations with rational arguments instead of just calling me Fat Head. (And we do remember you were the one who was saying that the Z wedges were perfect for short-range flop-shots. Guess what, many Masters are now calling for the introduction of an advanced short-range wedge precisely because Z wedges aren't sufficient for the purpose; Iconian even started a thread about it.)

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 3:44 PM

Not lecturing any one fatterson,if you think it makes sence to carry 2 drivers in your bag thats your opinion,but you don't carry 2 drivers in your bag  do you?..So if it makes sence to you, why not back your sences up and carry 2 drivers.

And stop being too confrontational with people its a light hearted discussion !

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 4:42 PM

I would perhaps carry 2 drivers if given the same option as HBThree, i.e. buy the R9 Master driver. For the old R9 driver, it's not worth it; it only hits about 10 yards longer than the Rapture driver, with significantly higher risks. It's not worth taking those risks for 10 yards, I believe; 30 yards is different.

As to being confrontational, it's not me who calls other people in the thread "Fat Heads" in lieu of discussion. Talk about blame the victim!  

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 5:56 PM

Okay Faterson and Cobra4, just this past summer out here in the Seattle area a case went to trial and a man was convicted of striking another man on a local golf course with a 3 iron in a confrontation.  Although my selected club would have been a wedge.  Perhaps you two should go at it with WGT virtual clubs.  I'm thinking nobody would get hurt.  And afterwards I'd like to invite both of you to join me for a beer.

• acpee
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 6:56 PM

I carried 2 drivers for a couple of weeks, the Rapture and the new Ping Master....I did this because I rarely ding the ping! I recently upgraded to the 235 Ping 3w, so I decided to just keep the Ping Master driver in my bag.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 7:20 PM

Good stuff Doublemochaman....

Fatterson lets  and make up....

• OwenCrew
    52 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 7:28 PM

I doubt I'll ever carry 2 drivers, though I must admit that it would be nice at times to have that Rapture Driver for "must hit" fairways.

The 3 wedges, however, are pretty much a permanent fixture in my bag. Before I added the third wedge, my shortest club was a 90yd. 60 degree SW. That left far too much uncertainty over distances from 90 yards in (where most of the strokes happen). In particular, it made short chips pretty difficult. With three wedges, in combination with full, punch, flop, pitch, and chip, I can nearly always find the exact distance (or at least close enough) that I'm looking for. If you've never carried three wedges or experimented from 50 yards in with the various shot types, I highly recommend you at least try it on a practice round.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 9:50 PM

It's the frequent Ladder 9 & Ladder 18 leader HBThree who does that. I think, Cobra4, when you're the leader of those Ladders with about 80% of all games won, you can then start lecturing others about what clubs not to carry in their bags.    "

Faterson, if you or hbthree were playing top notch players, and the like in the ladder matches, you would be getting spanked daily! If you think not, send me an invite anytime!  :) it would be a pleasure to shut your mouth for you!! Maybe WGT could set it up so all could watch!

Any course 18 holes!! you name it!! :)

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 10:03 PM

OOOOOOOH, the duck is mad cause i just spanked him with the 4 wedges that I carry in my bag. Fatty and Hbthree,  come on out and get a taste of real competition.

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 10:16 PM

OOOh my goodness what have I started?!?!!??!

RSS