Forums

Help › Forums

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD....

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 10 2011 1:46 PM (114 replies)
  • Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 1:06 AM

Sallu, sometimes the americans do things that irk most europeans (me being one I understand the concept). However, we tend to look over the fence for things to critique when we should first tend our little patch.

What do I mean I hear you ask.

Well, yes the americans have made some blunders with Nam etc in the last 40 or so years, but they also did some good things, together with the brits, for the world.

I did not hear you telling us how much you despise your country, Turkey, for having invaded that little island that lived in peace called Cyprus. Still, you cast the stone.

If it wasn't for the americans that landed at Omaha beach (the worst landing possible in Normandy, read the accounts from Winston Churchill himself who wrote that the brits would not land there as they were too shell shocked from previous disastrous experiences. Now I am not saying the British do not deserve full respect either) and gave their lives for Europe, you and I (Italian myself, hence guilty as sin for being part of the axis of evil) would now be speaking a universal guttural tongue, and the Pacific area some asian idiom.

Give it a rest mate and just enjoy playing golf on the internet, an action made possible by the sacrifice of people that shouldn't have given a rats fart about us. Be grateful.

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 1:29 AM
    Osama was kicked from the game..(or not?) to be continued..
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 4:47 AM

mantis0014:

Just remember, this is the death of just one man ( well, if you can call him a man)...there is plenty more ready to fill his shoes.

Cheers

Roger

Sandals.....he wore sandals mate. :)

To an extent I agree that a good terrorist is a dead terrorist.....but at least send him on his eternal journey for the crimes he was known and proven to have committed.....which unfortunately 9/11 remains unproven....no evidence linking Osama to it all in fact...so who did carry out these terrible attacks that led to our troops into Afghanistan and Iraq?.....which many throughout the western world deem to be illegal wars....I mean you can't just go invading other countries without good reason can you?...Isn't that what Hitler did back in 1939 and see where that got us.

I'm not really interested in some scapegoat terrorist getting whacked........I'm more interested in the real culprits behind the 9/11 attacks......and it sure as hell wasn't Osama.

tbe

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 5:03 AM

thebigeasy707:

To an extent I agree that a good terrorist is a dead terrorist.....but at least send him on his eternal journey for the crimes he was known and proven to have committed.....which unfortunately 9/11 remains unproven....no evidence linking Osama to it all all in fact...so who did carry out these terrible attacks that led to our troops into Afghanistan and Iraq?.....which many throughout the western world deem to be illegal wars....I mean you can't just go invading other countries without good reason can you?...Isn't that what Hitler did back in 1939 and see where that got us.

I'm not really interested in some scapegoat terrorist getting whacked........I'm more interested in the real culprits behind the 9/11 attacks......and it sure as hell wasn't Osama.

More like the bush administration, so they can get the war on terror (invasions) underway

And if Osama was so on the wanted list, why let his family go when they were in the u.s at the time buying arms????

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 6:54 AM

tbe.

Sandals.........he wore sandals mate.  :).

Thats funny,  :)  :)  :)  :) 

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 7:24 AM

We better start putting our borrowed resources toward a more deadly opponent, mother nature. How many acres of land per day are we losing to erosion and higher waters in Louisiana? I'd say gtf out and get the military on dredging the Mississippi to rebuild sea walls and what desert and prairie land the USA can lay claim to. We need to cover for our own mistake of over plowing that land in the first place while the dust and sand storms took over just like the whole arab world is taking our economy to third world levels with their stone throwing technique. If we can call going into a country apparently deserving our wrath and wiping out their leader a victory enough and gtf out we will be much better off than letting them continue to devastate our economy no matter who is to blame for us being there. Our might is in our tanks, fighter jets and bombers, and if we cant use them ala Pakistan the nuke situation is going to go it's course anyway. How many more record setting tornado and hurricane seasons is it going to take to see who we should be battling?

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 11:05 AM

You must be dreaming, there are plenty who will take up his mantle, there will be  retribution for his killing. These scum have to be wiped out, until they learn we will not put up with our men, women and innocent children, being killed and tortured for no reason . With them it is not a matter of collateral damage , It is intentional. 

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 11:37 AM

Whats with this protecting your northern boarder crap, I am a Canadian, and you have never had a better friend or neighbor ever. We have fought and died along side your troops in every battle you have been in. We are your largest trading partner. We supply most of the oil and gas that you receive and have never been a threat. We also share a very common life style also many inter mingle families, Protect you Northern Boarder. from what, Canadian rushing to live in America because of our poor living conditions. This really ticks me off. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 11:45 AM

There is now controversy because Bin laden wasnt armed when he was shot,,LOL  How sick is that,What a crazy world we live in,

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 11:55 AM

puttersman:

You must be dreaming, there are plenty who will take up his mantle, there will be  retribution for his killing. These scum have to be wiped out, until they learn we will not put up with our men, women and innocent children, being killed and tortured for no reason . With them it is not a matter of collateral damage , It is intentional. 

You're the one dreaming. I suppose you want to march in unwelcome thru pakistan. The borders our enemy has doesn't recognize it. Or just have the Seals sneak in and pick them off one by one. It was probably the al quaida in yemen that did 911 OBL looks like he was just a cheerleader, scapegoat, and strategist for dragging us in where Russians in their heyday had zero luck also. The Yemeni al quaida nearly took out the Cole which is supposed to guard many more innocent americans. In your case you might as well go in and sack Iran coz they will have the bomb soon and long range missles to deliver them to our doorsteps along with a growing population of bitter arabs about American presence. But when Japan needs to collect our borrowed money from another tsunami or two what are we going to buy fuel with to continue another ten, twenty year war there, red white and blue tokens?

Enough good has been had with the revolt against autonomy in various arab worlds including Yemen. No doubt the reason is we are much better off for now and showed by example you can fight Hitlers, Hussiens OBLs and the like. Look at what Germany is doing. Totally recycling with no rust legally allowed on cars, what a boost for the auto industry that must be. It's time to back off and let the intended good will take effect. This economy of ours is taking our freedom, not slowly but definitely surely, on our current path.

RSS