Forums

Help › Forums

Turf wars

Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:19 PM (137 replies)
  • ekboktwo
    45 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 12:29 PM

chips68:

It's not 320 passes but one pass and 320 coins (smallest coin room there is), WGT lets us (mobile players) use online coins to bet one another in head to head matches. Some member reach in the 9 figures in coins.

It's one of the best feature wgt has for mobile users, they just added a way for us to win extra super passes for our club in the regular clashes.

Errm.. i dont think that is correct, it clearly states 320 passes required to unlock Turf War, although the play now tab is connected to this feature i can only assume this is to use passes that can be added to the tally

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 3:18 PM

pmm711:

Clicking a mouse vs. tapping a screen is much easier for me.  Plus putting on mobile seems a little easier as the breaks don't seem to be there as on PC.  So obviously I prefer PC and would hate to see it ever go away.  The graphics and playability are way better IMHO.

Let me be clear. I have no problem with either platform, mobile or PC. The problem I have is with people who think that those of us who prefer mobile are inherently inferior players, and advancing in mobile is easier than with a PC.

i merely gave an example of a superior mobile player, who was berated as achieving his low score average as the result of playing on a mobile device. So I pointed out the member in question could handily beat his accuser on either platform. Nor had to make excuses that inferior scoring was due to having fun instead of making any effort.

I am a poor player on either platform. And I certainly feel there isn't any correlation between WGT Golf and the actual game. I happen to prefer mobile, and joined a club that supports those of similar preferences.

As far as Turf Wars go, we'll all know more shortly. However I don't expect more than a way to use coins with negligible value, and increase sales of passes and balls.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 6:47 PM

Coins have nothing to do with turf wars.........and there is no 320 coin room....geez

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 7:35 PM

sheepsass:

Coins have nothing to do with turf wars.........and there is no 320 coin room....geez

If you notice the 'Play Now' button displays coins, and clicking it brings up coin games. Seems like their is an obvious connection.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 8:34 PM

JasCooper:

sheepsass:

If you notice the 'Play Now' button displays coins, and clicking it brings up coin games. Seems like their is an obvious connection.

THe play now button on mobile always takes you to a coin room. Coins have absolutely nothing to do with turf war. Every time you use a pass on mobile it goes to the total passes used to unlock turf wars.

What turf wars might be is a mobile version of the clashes. Some mobile only players don't play the clashes because they don't think they can compete against  players on a computer. 

• gimmeballs
    621 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 9:30 PM

Game is on. Rules are up. It's an extention of cc clash  to help the Mobile clubs compete. Offers coin multipliers,  cc points, superpasses,  all on the coin game format.

Sad part is its not direct club on club. Have to play whoever is out there, club or no club.

Oh Well, maybe next time. I was looking forward to direct compition. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Mar 18 2017 11:17 PM

borntobesting:
    What turf wars might be is a mobile version of the clashes.

That seems to be exactly what it is. After the club had enough passes, the icon says "activate." I clicked it to see what it's about. It chose another country club and started what looked just like a clash event. The event then lasted for 24 hours.

RSS