Forums

Help › Forums

Turf wars

Sat, Jun 3 2017 5:19 PM (137 replies)
  • zzguffer0
    5 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 2:04 AM

Thank you for the recognition.  Would like to add one fact in this mobile debate.  I was referring to Turf Wars being harmful to new players. I was not ready and got creamed.  Almost quit then I found all the camera angles you get from the PC which are not available on the mobile.  Now my tab is a tool again not a toy.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:48 AM

pdb1:
    Do any of you mobile players think you will last even 1000 rounds in mobile play? 

I'm pretty confident that I'll last at least that long. ;-)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 6:16 AM

I don't think playing on mobile or pc has anything to do with a person lasting 1000, 10,000 or 100,000 rounds.  There has to be 100,000 variables involved, I believe it all depends on if a person's interest can be maintained.  If many become discouraged, yes they will probably quit, or slack off some.  (And that may happen on pc or mobile)  I started this game strictly playing the coin games, and made it all the way to TM, only started playing rrs in order to tier up farther.  Most people will set a goal of some sort, when they start anything, how high of a goal you set is of your own choosing, most lose interest once goal is met.  I have alot of really good friends that I've met on here, and unfortunately all the games that I've played in, with them don't count toward tier up, but I'm on a higher plateau because of that.  The terms of champion, legend, etc are just that, labels.   A true champion, or legend is achieved by how  he/she is thought of by their peers, not by the fact that they have 10,000 rounds played, or been on here 8, 9, 10 years.  I play mobile, cuz a really good tablet was cheaper to upgrade to, than my pc, plus I can play anywhere I choose.  Last night I was lounging on my deck, and was able to play, not going to try that with my pc.  Side note, many thanks to all the true champions, and better players for all your help in getting me to where I am today.  

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 10:53 AM

pdb1:
      Do you not play both PC and mobile ? Started on PC ? 

Makes a big difference . IMSO .

No, from day 1, I've played on the iPad. Along the way, I've played (at most) 5 rounds on the PC, with maybe 1 or 2 of those rounds being a ranked round.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 12:45 PM

It's not that I am a hardcore lover of the mobile, I just happen to be a lover of the game,  the advantages that come with the playing on the  mobile platform., are just the icing on the cake.  Can the pc player compete in the turf wars?  So you might be missing out on the whole wgt experience, if you can't.  As well as it may not be for everyone,  not all will like every aspect of the game.  Currently I am half way thru the 500 game grind to saturate,  it's a nice change, to be able to play some other alternatives rather than  playing the 9 holes all the time.   I'll say this too,,,to those that seem to think that the mobile side of the game is easier?  Try playing this on a 5 inch screen, vs. A 17inch monitor?  After the introduction of the turf wars,some of the members in our cc, decided to play on their phones,(not on pcs),,,all said that it was a completely different experience. If wgt is swaying more to the mobile side (not sure if that's true or not) but if more is offered to the mobile player, pc players will miss out on all the experience that is afforded to them. 

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 2:26 PM

Luckystar5:
    Can the pc player compete in the turf wars?  So you might be missing out on the whole wgt experience, if you can't.
    No they can't because only Head-To-Head are offered - a mobile game format.

PC players may miss some of these short-haul games, but the prizes in the turf something aren't worth mentioning (even less than those in the Clashes), and the name is disgusting to peace-loving ppl.

OTOH, there's a lot going on on PC which some may call more worthy than that: All the multiplayer games, Skins, matches, A/S, a lot of it related to the real game.

I've tried the mobile experience on my tablet, but for now, I don't miss it.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 3:05 PM

I totally agree with your wants and wishes, I wasn't trying to convince anyone to change to or from whatever platform they prefer. I was simply pointing out some of the benefits of the mobile version. It matters not to me what anyone plays on, as long as the end result that they are having fun, and enjoying all the benefits of the game.  Yes, I wished I could play some of the better players, but alas I can only want it, due to alot of them being on pc.  I tried the pc, and there I couldn't come close to competing with any of them.  It was like being a hack again.  I'd also like to see some other real life attributes introduced on all programs, such as scrambles,  I think it would be a great motivator for cc events. Some players are now using both to play on, ( mobile and pc), that way they are reaping all the benefits, hats off to them. Hopefully wgt will get the game on a path to where we all can enjoy  all that's available without having to jump back and forth from the different versions!

RSS