• CraigTayl0r
    171 Posts
    Mon, Mar 20 2017 8:15 AM

Well.. my cc won by a narrow margin in the end, here are the rewards

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2017 3:39 PM

Summary:

The Turf War is similar to a CC Clash tornament and but it is just one round of 24 hours. And it is done with mobile coin head to head games instead of regular stroke play rounds. You need a pass for every game you want to play in the turf war. All pariticipants get some extra coins and experience points. If you club wins you probably get a lot more coins and your club and maybe you too get extra experience points and the club gets an extra super pass in your next regular clash.

To activate the Turf war you club needs 2x member number in passes used. All passes used on a mobile device automatically count toward this number. I don´t know if passes used with the PC flash client are counted too. So far I think that they don´t count.

It seems this new feature turns Coins into somewhat more than a totally useless currency. Probably your club benefits more if you win a game with a higher currency value.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2017 11:49 PM

AndreasHelke:
    All passes used on a mobile device automatically count toward this number.

FTFY. AFAIS, all passes count regardless. Thus, PC players can help to release the war but they can't help during war - quite inconsistant.

And, there's a bigger urge to buy passes during war because players shouldn't get more than one free pass per 12 hours which means only two shots in 24 hours of war.

OTOH, the "prizes" are outright ridiculous: 1 $'s worth of coins, a marginal no. of XPs (1 % of the step from L7 to L8), and an oh-so-precious Superpass for the next Event...

This is another war that ain't worth fighting!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 12:53 AM

The more gimmicky trashy implementations I see, the more it cements my belief that the "marketing team" are really plucked from a mental institution. 

Designed for 8 year olds by a team with a combined IQ of 8.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2017 2:41 PM

LMFAO on this, Paul and Alan!

RSS