Forums

Help › Forums

OK I GIVE UP WHERE`S THE CAROUSEL?

Sat, Mar 25 2017 5:04 AM (115 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:12 AM

LuckySkreet:

I had no idea the video carousel was so popular.   I remember reading, a few years ago, the average number of dimples on a golf ball was 330 +/-.    I guess my question is: Considering you get 7 videos a day....whats that 5/8th's of a dimple per day?  Is it really worth it?

The carousel went down on the 3rd same day I started this thread . Ive been using it ever since I started playing the game . It has helped pay for every club upgrade and ball that I have ever purchased  . Since it went down I have had to return to doing surveys and thats not a bad thing since I have made over a 1000 credits from doing so .

Im currently sitting on 19,367 credits the majority from the carousel and Supersonic videos . I already have the top clubs so only have to focus on ball replacement . 5 sleeves of L35+ Cally balls in my bag so no hurry in buying more .

Some may say that its not worth their time or that their time is too important to waste on doing the offers . But they waste their time playing an online video game or here posting in the forums . The carousel reminds me of the saying " Pennies make dollars " which is true and thats why I use the carousel and Supersonic videos .

For those living on disability incomes they dont have money to waste on playing a game . So for them the earning credits is the way to go . Me I do it because it never made sense to spend real money buying make believe stuff . I just cant part with my money like that , I just cant do it .

So yeah the carousel is more popular than many had thought . Also as you can see you can rack up credits if you are willing to spend the time doing so . For the record a sleeve of Tour SD balls is 65 credits a sleeve for the white ball .So there you go one reason as to why we watch the carousel or should I say 19,367 reasons as to why earning credits is the way to go .

• JJN60
    218 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:45 AM

+1 lonniescott711 - well stated!

• rstanwix
    21 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 8:16 AM

i agree with lonniescott carousel needs repair. i have made numerious rounds on the carousel and have gotten no credits. anyone else lets hear from you all

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:24 AM

Will the counter every work again?  If live gamer pays top golf then why should top golf care if it works or not??

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:44 AM

mathia14:

Will the counter every work again?  If live gamer pays top golf then why should top golf care if it works or not??

Does anybody know?

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 10:11 AM

mathia14:

mathia14:

Does anybody know?

Its still a waiting game . They not only have to fix the counter but also fix it so we can redeem our credits too . Tomorrow will be 2 weeks  since it went down , maybe before the weekend if we`re lucky .

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 10:44 AM

lonniescott711:

mathia14:

mathia14:

Does anybody know?

Its still a waiting game . They not only have to fix the counter but also fix it so we can redeem our credits too . Tomorrow will be 2 weeks  since it went down , maybe before the weekend if we`re lucky .

Not going to hold my breath.

• Sca63
    203 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 3:44 PM

mathia14:

mathia14:

Does anybody know?

WGT should care because it's their game, their site and their customers but it isn't on WGT's priority list. Carousel was down for months last summer and I didn't get the impression that WGT was concerned.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 6:44 PM

lonniescott711:
    So yeah the carousel is more popular than many had thought . Also as you can see you can rack up credits if you are willing to spend the time doing so . For the record a sleeve of Tour SD balls is 65 credits a sleeve for the white ball .So there you go one reason as to why we watch the carousel or should I say 19,367 reasons as to why earning credits is the way to go .

Just part of your post but here goes lol.

Your credits presumably are current, so thus your credits earned overall would be far higher.

That is impressive indeed and I can understand why you are supportive of the credit offers. I would probably earn "free" credits than spend $200 out of my pocket.

But I am nor sure how much of your time it took, but if time is not an issue, I would recommend players doing so. I also think you are talking more about bonus views which I have never seen here......that would make it more viable.

To support your comment, I spend a year playing this game using free equipment.....then when I hit masters tier, the game simply became too difficult During that time, I too did the carousel scrimping the 7 views per day to stow away for an upgrade. Back then the credit was 150 credits (?) for the 100 views.

Before the upgrade, I thought people must have rocks in their head to spend - buying imaginary pixelated golf clubs....that you never own - nothing tangible....ever!

After the upgrade I realised, for the cost of a cup of coffee a day, the game gave me pleasure.........well worth the small cost.

As for other offers, once I was offered a survey, it took 30 minutes of my time and I was awarded 75 credits.

Occasionally there was a supersonic video I could watch once and get 1-2 credits a day at tops, usually it was zero.

So for me and where I live, and with the reduced carousel offer, every 2 weeks the carousel could afford me a sleeve of Tour SD's. Now I do not play much, and about to take a break again, but that would barely keep an active player going for more than a few days.

Some days I get more enjoyment reading the forums than the game, and usually read the forum at work.

Add to that, the carousel has not worked here for months, possibly a year - I check every so often out of interest.

Finally I usually agree with your comment "Pennies make Dollars" and this is true. However the caveat is the time it takes. Like in a business, you can have a hundred thousand customers but the time in contract management, staffing costs etc can outweigh the return, whereby have 10 larger customers is easier to mange in terms of time. In other words do not sweat the small stuff.

Personally, I would like the carousel fixed as it affords many the opportunity to get a few credits whom otherwise could not afford too, but if that came at the expense of genuine development of the game, perhaps I would think otherwise.

• ksgolfer54
    57 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 7:29 PM

You mentioned several times in your epistle about the time factor. How much time did you just spend writing that LOL?

RSS