Forums

Help › Forums

Santa Giveaway

Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:42 AM (90 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:16 PM

The 12 days of Christmas give away .

It was started from a idea to give back to this game " WGT "  .

For all the fun and friends we have made and the new ones to make .

I am proud to have been part of this event over the years , To see the community get together  in a manner fitting for the season .

To watch it carry over to the Christmas in July . 

Weather or not it be Sunny Or Snowing , We all got a gift from this game .

OPY

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:37 PM

oneeyedjohn:

ct690911:

Mr Caddie has stated that, due to wgt's overt snub of Andyson, he may not run this year's Xmas charity. 

Is that true ?

Oneeyedjohn,

I have it on good authority that yes...sadly, it is true.

Now, I know there will be players that won't agree with my decision and there is nothing I can do about that. If players want to go out on their own and play Santa...great, have fun. I'm just saying that the "12 Days of Christmas", in the format as we know it, will not be happening this year, at least not run by me. If someone wants to go off on their own and start a similar event, so be it, I just won't be supporting it.

To the player who posted about the "Wall of Fame", I completely support this idea.

I do have an idea for an event this holiday season and haven't decided if I'm going to follow through with it or not, but stay tuned and keep your eyes on the "And Everything Else" section, if I decide to do it I'll announce it there, probably the weekend before Christmas.

For those of you in this thread that support my stance, I promise you that not a single credit can/will be used in the idea mentioned above...and thank you for your support.

MC

Edit- I said "Wall of Fame" instead of "Hall of Fame", but "Wall of Fame" has a nice ring to it.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:59 PM

mrcaddie:
    For those of you in this thread that support my stance

100%. WGT has shown it has no interest whatsoever in recognizing Andyson and his contributions to the community. 

Simply put, why has WGT not made Andyson a Tour Champion? Because he's no longer here to spend money.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:00 PM

mrcaddie:

oneeyedjohn:

ct690911:

Mr Caddie has stated that, due to wgt's overt snub of Andyson, he may not run this year's Xmas charity. 

Is that true ?

Oneeyedjohn,

I have it on good authority that yes...sadly, it is true.

Now, I know there will be players that won't agree with my decision and there is nothing I can do about that. If players want to go out on their own and play Santa...great, have fun. I'm just saying that the "12 Days of Christmas", in the format as we know it, will not be happening this year, at least not run by me. If someone wants to go off on their own and start a similar event, so be it, I just won't be supporting it.

To the player who posted about the "Wall of Fame", I completely support this idea.

I do have an idea for an event this holiday season and haven't decided if I'm going to follow through with it or not, but stay tuned and keep your eyes on the "And Everything Else" section, if I decide to do it I'll announce it there, probably the weekend before Christmas.

For those of you in this thread that support my stance, I promise you that not a single credit can/will be used in the idea mentioned above...and thank you for your support.

MC

I agree. I have mentioned before they should get rid of that laughable "community spotlight"...maybe turn that into a legitimate spotlight of fame.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:05 PM

LuckySkreet:
    I'll throw out 100k to gift my friends

FR Sent :))

Also time to downsize your friends list me thinks!

LOL

Seriously, I agree with TC....this is meaningless - I wanted to see the company do something, like a tournament. They didn't and as a result, we got something far better organised by and for the community. Wall of Fame is even better - been broached before but by memory Icon said ...too hard....

Wayne has earned my full respect time and time again, and from the humble beginnings when LegendCrusher first started the acts of random kindness, the 12 days of Christmas grew and grew.

Yes there were multi's. beggars and recidivist trolls, but it also helped out a lot of folks, some who have since derived the same enjoyment and frustrations that we get. And a lot also paid this forward. To me that far outweighed the minority.

The begging CC owners to me did not demean the event, it merely reflected very badly on them and their members.

I too will do my part, quietly and will help out deserving people. It is the spirit that Wayne started, and the principles thereof, it does not need a title or event to do so.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:29 PM

Well   Wayne   i support  your decisions ,I will be looking for what you may come up with .. All my respect Francois (Frapp)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 7:23 PM

frappefort:
    I will be looking for what you may come up with ..

Last year I did this (outside of WGT) and recommend any one try this.

Spend time at your local supermarket scouring for needy people and when they go to pay at the checkout, offer to pay part or all of the grocery bill.

I did this last year and found 2 people - I avoided people buying alcohol and who looked like they needed some Christmas cheer (one was when a kid picked up a bar of chocolate and the mom said, sorry we can't afford that.....the kid did not have a tantrum, put it down and said OK......

Do this and you will feel a million dollars....believe me.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:26 PM

alanti:

frappefort:

Spend time at your local supermarket scouring for needy people and when they go to pay at the checkout, offer to pay part or all of the grocery bill.

I did this last year and found 2 people - I avoided people buying alcohol and who looked like they needed some Christmas cheer (one was when a kid picked up a bar of chocolate and the mom said, sorry we can't afford that.....the kid did not have a tantrum, put it down and said OK......

Alan,

I can remember when you did this last year and I remember how it made you feel. What a great thing you did.

Although I did mention this idea last year and hoped players would pay it forward, the idea never caught on. I do remember that you were one of the only players that actually did it and I remember you telling me about it.

Trust Alan when he says it will give you the warm and fuzzies...he knows. Try buying the groceries, not the coffee, for the person behind you and see how that feels. It's an incredible feeling when you can "pay it forward".

My plan for this year isn't remotely close to that...it's very simple. I'll send you a pm with the details and let me know your thoughts, I respect your opinion.

MC

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:28 PM

alanti:

frappefort:

Wow, exceptional idea!

I'm looking into making xmas dinner at the homeless shelter this year with all of my immediate family member instead of our usual annual sit down at my home.....giving has always been a pleasure and for me that is what Christmas is about eh :)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 9:58 PM

SlicedPepper:

mrcaddie:
    For those of you in this thread that support my stance

100%. WGT has shown it has no interest whatsoever in recognizing Andyson and his contributions to the community. 

Simply put, why has WGT not made Andyson a Tour Champion? Because he's no longer here to spend money.

I dont understand why WGT has chosen not to Make Andyson a Tour Champion but it is not because he is no longer here to spend money. They made Phiber a Tour Champion posthumously so there must be some reason that we don't know. Personally I would like to hear from them why they have chosen not to honor Andyson in this way as well. 

RSS