Forums

Help › Forums

Santa Giveaway

Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:42 AM (90 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:09 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Such a big part of the forums was Andy, I can't believe WGT have acted this way.

Yes it is true and I totally agree with his stance.

I was disgusted in their snub.....oh wait, they eventually started a thread about him....some weeks after the community found out. I am still disgusted by the total dimwits who made such a poor decision....but lets face it, they excel at making appalling decisions. 

On principle I had decided that I would not be a part of this, even if it went ahead. I am actually pleased it didn't/isn't (well I assume it isn't as Wayne usually would have touched base by now).

So WGT...the egg is firmly on your face this time. Dumb-asses personified

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:18 AM

Add to the fact it became painful reading some, not all, of the begging.

Even led to some folks slagging santas off when they received nothing.

"how come ive asked every day and others have only asked once and received a gift, its not fair"

[read above quotations in a spoilt little turd voice]

Ridiculous.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:49 AM

ct690911:
    I would recommend you simply help a few people in need. There are many out there. Be discerning though...people asking for top of the line clubs or balls, probably aren't in need. More likely just to lazy or cheap to do it themselves.

I second that. WGT is obviously Mr. Scrooge. Maybe we'll get lucky and Andyson will pay them a visit this Christmas.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:31 AM

alanti:
    On principle I had decided that I would not be a part of this, even if it went ahead. I am actually pleased it didn't/isn't (well I assume it isn't as Wayne usually would have touched base by now).

Echo's my feeling precisely 

alanti:
    So WGT...the egg is firmly on your face this time. Dumb-asses personified

Couldn't have put it any better myself

Thomas

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 9:34 AM

It was a truly wonderful thing the organizers ( Mr. C & Opy) did, as well as all of the Santa's in their generosity. If it's been decided to pull the plug on it this year, I fully support that decision. WGT/Topgolf have shown just how little we, the community matter to them, and I see absolutely no reason for them to profit from a community sponsored event.

Doc :(

photo d4af7493-826c-44fd-81c4-bee2536e4670_zpsjn1iunt0.jpg

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:56 AM

drmoose:

It was a truly wonderful thing the organizers ( Mr. C & Opy) did, as well as all of the Santa's in their generosity. If it's been decided to pull the plug on it this year, I fully support that decision. WGT/Topgolf have shown just how little we, the community matter to them, and I see absolutely no reason for them to profit from a community sponsored event.

Doc :(

100% agree with this.

And I fully expect this post to not pass moderation.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:19 PM

Interesting post............      For as long as I can can remember; MrCaddie, Opy, a few others, and certainly a vast number of helpers and elves have selflessly organized, participated, and given during the Holiday Season..............regardless of whether an organized event happens this season is irrelevant.  What is relevant is the fact that over many years, these folks have set the standard for Holiday giving......   and created an example of generosity for all to follow. 

Regarding the Andyson issue.........  I don't know.   An honorary boost to Champion Tier is, in my opinion, sorta worthless.  Would be nice for TopGolf/WGT to create a  "Hall of Fame" where folks like Andy could be honored..........

As fantastic as it was....... "MrCaddies, 12 Days of Christmas" had become a trolling chamber for snerts, multi's, cheats, beggars, to bombard the thread with request after request..........even after they had received a gift, often times several gifts.  Sadly enough, this even included a few Club Owners that bombarded the thread with multi request's for their members......  In my opinion, this type activity accomplished only one thing-------- Demeaning the efforts, hard work, and generosity of Wayne and his elves.....sad.

Personally, as usual, I'll throw out 100k to gift my friends and a select number of people that I don't even know. This being said...... I encourage all to follow the example demonstrated with the 12 Days of Christmas,  MrCaddie and  the elves.........

--Danny

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:33 PM

ct690911:

oneeyedjohn:

ct690911:

Mr Caddie has stated that, due to wgt's overt snub of Andyson, he may not run this year's Xmas charity. 

Is that true ?

Such a big part of the forums was Andy, I can't believe WGT have acted this way.

"I'm planning on canceling the "5th Annual 12 Days of Christmas" this year because of WGT's inaction. Why should I gather the troops and pour money into the WGT coffers when they won't do something as simple as push a couple of keystrokes and elevate Andy to the honored position that he so rightly deserves..."

Here is my take on this .........          Mr Caddie  with friends  have had this Xmas  event for many years, now i am again looking to take part in the event .  WGT and Partners  would not do something for our friend Andyson ,but we is friend can.   By  having this 12 days of Xmass  in is honor , (( by gifting  to lower level players only,)) we keep on a great WGT members tradition a live, Andy would be the first one to take part regardless of WGT  going on.        ((Gifting to higher tier players can be done privately .))  So  please i hope MrC   does the 12 days again , we who loved Andy will gift ,we do not need WGT  to honor Andy,  we will , do not forget WGT does not exits or work without us players . the 12 Days of   Christmas  work because of us not because WGT  takes part in it sometimes.      Hope regardless,  we all have a nice Holiday   . And take time to think about those who have left  us for the big courses in  paradise .          Francois (Frapp)                

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:10 PM

Do what you feel is right in your heart.

Each and every one of you, in your own way.

Give. Don't give. Donate to Dennis' chosen charity. Give someone down on their luck some help (yes, some wgt gear, if that's what it takes). Throw a party for some friends. Whatever

Stuff the corporation that runs this site, they don't matter - all they (and every other corporation, for that) give a damn about is the bottom line - just remember Dennis, and do what you feel is right.

~Phil

RSS