Forums

Help › Forums

Santa Giveaway

Sun, Dec 17 2017 10:42 AM (90 replies)
  • tonyb2004
    154 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 12:50 PM

In the past, WGT would have a secret Santa giveaway for needy or deserving players..

It was a classy thing to do that bought much happiness to all..

My question is does Top Golf have any class they want to share? Nike is after all going away and you may want to have a Ho Ho time.

What do you think?

• tonyb2004
    154 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 12:54 PM

If giving is too much to ask.how about a 1/2 off Holiday clearance sale?

I don't need or want anything, just thought it would be nice..

ps..it's TAX deduction time.. give, give, give

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:11 PM

They could drop all clubs by 5 levels to match the Nike's. Now that would be a generous and kind thing to do...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:17 PM

Wgt had no such thing. 

The various charities have been organized and run by a couple of players. MrCaddie would oversee the 12 days of Xmas...Opy (with the "robust" assistance of MrCaddie) would conduct the Xmas in July. 

There are no tax write offs for gifting virtual balls and clubs, as there are no receipts provided for proof of same.

Mr Caddie has stated that, due to wgt's overt snub of Andyson, he may not run this year's Xmas charity. 

I would recommend you simply help a few people in need. There are many out there. Be discerning though...people asking for top of the line clubs or balls, probably aren't in need. More likely just to lazy or cheap to do it themselves.

ct

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:44 PM

What ct said. Too many people in the past have really taken advantage of these give aways.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:31 PM

renniw52:

What ct said. Too many people in the past have really taken advantage of these give aways.

Yep.

Feeling like more holiday cheer could be spread?  Try putting a 500 credit pot in one of your CC tourneys for Tour Pro and Under. . . . or Master and Under. . .  (either winner take all or top 3).  They will be needing new clubs when they change(d) to Master tees and greens.  Great investment in the improvement of your club, too.

Cheers!

AKD

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 4:22 PM

AlaskanDame:

renniw52:

Yep.

Feeling like more holiday cheer could be spread?  Try putting a 500 credit pot in one of your CC tourneys for Tour Pro and Under. . . . or Master and Under. . .  (either winner take all or top 3).  They will be needing new clubs when they change(d) to Master tees and greens.  Great investment in the improvement of your club, too.

Cheers!

AKD

Great advice ^^^ maybe even a little bigger pot, if possible.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:51 AM

ct690911:

Mr Caddie has stated that, due to wgt's overt snub of Andyson, he may not run this year's Xmas charity. 

Is that true ?

Such a big part of the forums was Andy, I can't believe WGT have acted this way.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:03 AM

oneeyedjohn:

ct690911:

Is that true ?

Such a big part of the forums was Andy, I can't believe WGT have acted this way.

"I'm planning on canceling the "5th Annual 12 Days of Christmas" this year because of WGT's inaction. Why should I gather the troops and pour money into the WGT coffers when they won't do something as simple as push a couple of keystrokes and elevate Andy to the honored position that he so rightly deserves..."

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 1:07 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    Is that true ?

All too true I'm afraid.

oneeyedjohn:

Neither can any of us but here we are...

RSS