Forums

Help › Forums

Lipping out of the cup

Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:21 AM (37 replies)
  • Schlieffen99
    225 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:12 AM

I just bought a 4000+ credit putter and hey, they still don't always go in, lol...

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:11 AM

Every time I've had a 360 it's because the putt was a little too hot. Every time

Essisdaddy:

There have  been more lipouts, 360's etc in recent months - it's a topic of discussion in my CC - but it's probably down to the coders getting better at their  game rather than anything to do with us (players).

My putting drives me insane, but it is what it is and I swear I will get better. One day. Maybe not in this lifetime though...

Just my two penn'orth.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:28 AM

eriepamarty:
    Is the Game less forgiving the higher up go you or is just a flaw in the game right now

While the increased speeds could have a lot to do with it, do think that there is a crest which while you haven't crossed the holes seem to grab putts.. Something noticeable when playing AS with lower tier , some of the putts they hit which normally shouldn't go in get grabbed by the hole. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 11:16 AM

Speed, Line

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:33 AM

K7JBQ:
    Every time I've had a 360 it's because the putt was a little too hot. Every time
    Essisdaddy:

There have  been more lipouts, 360's etc in recent months - it's a topic of discussion in my CC - but it's probably down to the coders getting better at their  game rather than anything to do with us (players).

My putting drives me insane, but it is what it is and I swear I will get better. One day. Maybe not in this lifetime though...

Just my two penn'orth.

Do not disagree one iota, K7 - but in years gone by the putts would do that: simply go by.

This year, the lipouts and 360s - and while we're at it the rammed-straight-at-the-hole putts hitting the back, popping up and dropping in - have become extremely common.

And the only answer I can come up with is what I said before - the coders are upping their game. I just wish I could :D

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:20 AM

Today I played 9 holes strokeplay.

I had 4 birdie putts which lipped out and another one  which caught the cup, did a full 360 and lipped in.

Very encouraging, it is incontrovertible proof that my putting is improving. 

I am now missing with far better accuracy.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 2:49 PM

PaulTon:

Very encouraging, it is incontrovertible proof that my putting is improving. 

I am now missing with far better accuracy.

Thankyou Paul, I`ve been struggling with this issue myself for a while now. Untill now I`ve been unable to adequately describe it. Aside from balls lipping in the cup, cupping out the lip or even the stunning motorcycle wall of death putt , my best a terrifying two full rotations before it flew off twice as fast as the speed I hit it in with!

One small point, I`d say that I am now missing consistently with far better accuracy.

Cheers!

Rich

• rawits
    56 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:39 PM

It's all about graphics...guys...first the computer decides whether the ball is going in or not...then it picks a style for that...will it topple in, bounce off the back of the cup, go in the side door, or do a 360 and fall?

Same for misses and lipouts...just more fun ways to miss...love the one where it walks around the cup and stops on the other side...lol

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:58 AM

Man, i've noticed like 5 times the amount of lip outs while putting. Never been robbed like this ever while playing lol.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 4:36 PM

I actually had one lip-in the other day. Just hit an uphill putt slightly through the break; it curled just behind the cup, stopped, had a look, then rolled back downhill and fell in.

Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you, as we say in racing.

RSS