Forums

Help › Forums

Icon's Community Challenge #8 - The Most Wicker-ed Challenge Yet!

Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:29 PM (68 replies)
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 1:25 PM

adaputter:
    WOW  very bad timing icon   you can see andyson memrorial game is being played,

No disrespect to andyson - he was my very good friend. I signed up to play in his memorial tournament to pay my respects. Andyson was my assistant running these challenges over the past year - so in a way these 2 challenges are a way of remembering him as well.

They are in no way in competition with his memorial tournament!

There are countless other WGT events and Club events going on which people are playing. Why this little extra bit of fun is singled out as being 'bad timing' I have no idea. I was assuming people would have more time between now and Sunday night even if they are playing a round of 18 to remember Andy.

This - as it was for the other 7 challenges - is intended as a bit of light relief from grinding out rounds. A tough challenge that might take a while to conquer, but give you a good feeling when you finally do. It offers some free balls to those who succeed, and takes no offence if you don't have the time and give it a miss.

This challenge was deliberately posted AFTER the closing date for Andyson memorial  sign-ups --- so there is absolutely no chance that it is taking away from participation in that event. For those who want to have a go - here it is. Have fun - knowing that Andyson was an integral part of this in challenges past, and had a lot of fun himself in participating.

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• TigerLuvsBush
    491 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 1:27 PM

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=7d81292a-d5e7-4af8-b30c-a69d015098e5

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 3:29 PM

I have also known Andy for many years and I know that he enjoyed a challenge just as much as me. 

Andy also knew my feeling toward him and while his humor was often directed at me, I always enjoyed it. 

I also know that a hole out ion possible, so I know you guys can do it. :)

-WGTicon

• RoggRR
    588 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:35 PM

i've tried it by using starter ball ... impossible to make HIO, imho ... my best was 5y

it wasnt much better by using special ball, but it looks possible to be v close,... it needs a ton of spin

all is about the fun, ty for the challenge

hakman123:

... Andyson was my assistant running these challenges over the past year - so in a way these 2 challenges are a way of remembering him as well.

i remember the challenge when we were trying to make HIO at SA hole 1 ... i've tried it hundreds times , wasnt so well ... Andy was there also,... i was laughing, cause he made some really funny comments ... it was great fun

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/316836.aspx?PageIndex=4

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 4:36 AM

hakman123:
    This challenge was deliberately posted AFTER the closing date for Andyson memorial  sign-ups --- so there is absolutely no chance that it is taking away from participation in that event.

RESPECT is the key word here Neil.

OUT OF RESPECT to andysons MEMORIAL Tournament  - to open this tournament right AFTER sign up for andysons Memorial Tournament shows NO RESPECT.  

You can come back with your rebuttal but either way you slice it, opening this tournament the same time as andysons Memorial Tournament  IS a DIVERSION. It shows no respect  and is absolutely classless.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 5:48 AM

Whoa, when did having some other tournament running at the same time as a memorial show a lack of respect?  I'll defend Andyson with my last breath, he was a wonderful guy who will be very much missed by many of us.  But, realistically, we cannot all cease to play any other tournaments while his memorial one is going on.  If one of the other tournaments is a fun one then I see that as so much the better.  He was all about having a laugh, not sitting in the dark regretting what has come to pass.

During the coming 4 days those who have entered the memorial are required to play a single 18 hole round.  Whacking a few balls off the tee in the somewhat vain hope of holing out is hardly going to prevent anyone playing.

Anyone who feels this tournament is detracts from the memorial doesn't have to play but please don't condemn those who do.  There really is no disrespect meant.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:35 AM

MainzMan:
    There really is no disrespect meant.

One thing in icons topics - you reeeealy find out who the *** kissers are.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 6:46 AM

Wow, you really are a tosser aren't you?

Isn't it time you jumped over the edge of the cliff?  Do the world a favour.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:25 AM

Do you really think Andy would want the crap going on, no he would be out there playing Icons tourney

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:32 AM

overtheedge:

MainzMan:
    There really is no disrespect meant.

One thing in icons topics - you reeeealy find out who the *** kissers are.

I agree with MM and Neil that no disrespect was intended to Andyson.  I don't feel my participation in the contest Neil set up was disrespectful.  I played before the Memorial Tournament opened.

While I wasn't a friend of his, I appreciated his humor and creativity.  Sadly, my only contact with him was perhaps exchanging a few comments in the Forum.  And that is my loss.

I really miss what he brought to this site.  Those of you who were his friends were very fortunate.  To show my respect I signed up to play in the Memorial Tournament once I found out about it taking place.  And I agree with everyone who feels he should be promoted to Tour Champion.

Your broad brush painting some of us as *** kissers when you don't even know us is way out of line.  However, I will consider the source.  So my only reply will be that perhaps you are overdue for your meds.  Ring the bell for your nurse and I'm sure she will fix you up.

Have a good day little man.

phred952

RSS