Forums

Help › Forums

Icon's Community Challenge #8 - The Most Wicker-ed Challenge Yet!

Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:29 PM (68 replies)
  • msulaman
    449 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 7:11 PM
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 1:41 AM

borntobesting:

So far my best just barely stayed on the far side of the green well over 50 feet away. A lot is going to depend on wind speed and direction.

I restarted a few times until I had some head wind, then used mulligans to keep having another go.

Not that it helped a lot : (

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 2:43 AM

MainzMan:

borntobesting:

So far my best just barely stayed on the far side of the green well over 50 feet away. A lot is going to depend on wind speed and direction.

I restarted a few times until I had some head wind, then used mulligans to keep having another go.

Not that it helped a lot : (

Actually what I was trying to get was a left to right cross wind and try to land to the left of the pin with the ball rolling to the right toward the hole. But almost wind i got was either right to left or tail.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 7:08 AM

mapewest:

Awesome!  I really didn't think it was possible.  When I land there my ball runs on many many yards.

Great shot.

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 10:04 AM

8.9 feet with a wgt promo ball.

• blitz81
    6,871 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2016 10:10 AM
  • mapewest
    499 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 4:15 PM

MainzMan:

mapewest:

Awesome!  I really didn't think it was possible.  When I land there my ball runs on many many yards.

Great shot.

Danke MainzMan

Headwind and ball with more spin and less distance helps a lot. Also this game makes you realize how the circle of  precision equipment (VEM) influence WGT game.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 6:12 PM

a fantastic shot well done do you think that vapour fly wood helped,i noticed it stopped short by a few feet and rolled in,even if it would of missed i think it would of been within 1 foot,only asking because not heard a lot about the driver only the 3 wood

cheers     mark.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 6:26 PM

Definitely needs a High driver.  I am getting similar looking shots after changing over to my Big Bertha L88 High driver.  The Med/High clubs do not pull up anywhere near as well. However I imagine the Fly driver is much better at pulling it up than the BB.

• mapewest
    499 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 4:42 PM

thegoosebag:

a fantastic shot well done do you think that vapour fly wood helped,i noticed it stopped short by a few feet and rolled in,even if it would of missed i think it would of been within 1 foot,only asking because not heard a lot about the driver only the 3 wood

cheers     mark.

Hello and thank you, the driver Nike L100 is very good, I do not know the Nike L86. Mainly use the TM R1 289 yd, but for this occasion Nike L100 was the best option :)

RSS