Forums

Help › Forums

Icon's Community Challenge #8 - The Most Wicker-ed Challenge Yet!

Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:29 PM (68 replies)
  • thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 4:48 PM

1 1/2 foot the best ive managed saved it in my profile

cheers    mark.

• mapewest
    499 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 4:50 PM

hakman123:

Definitely needs a High driver.  I am getting similar looking shots after changing over to my Big Bertha L88 High driver.  The Med/High clubs do not pull up anywhere near as well. However I imagine the Fly driver is much better at pulling it up than the BB.

I try the BB L88 and is good, but in this case you have the distance to pin 284yd. The BB L88 have 282yd for distance...lost 2yd. (and headwind sub yardage)
    The Nike L100 have a distance of 287yd and the apex is greater compared to BB L88

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 12:20 AM

Well folks - TIME IS UP!!   --  thanks for participating. I'm sure Andy was laughing his head off at how many of use made futile attempts to sink this shot. I had many tries but several rolled just past the hole finishing 2-3 feet long.  I could not get the sweet shot as shown by mapewest.

So unless I missed something - and please correct me here if I am mistaken - but I have mapewest down as the lone player to achieve a spectacular HIO for this challenge.

Congratulations - and 5 sleeves coming your way.

Please advise your ball preference - and I will notify Icon. In this case it may not happen until he gets back this weekend.

That was a super shot - look out next week for the follow-up longest hole-out in Community Challenge #9.

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:49 AM

Tried it > hit driver > lost ball > felt stupid > went home > cried; the end.

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:00 AM

mapewest:

hakman123:

Awesome shot --- 5 inches lol     

Stone dead - and so close to HIO

;) 
    (Buca In Uno=Hole In One)  

Wow, great Mape! You have been quite lucky, indeed, finding so many  time the head wind always of the same speed (6-8) That it was what I was looking for but never had during my trials. A curiosity: Do you know why in the first replay are shown the club and the ball and not in the others? Ciaooooo

• BunkerBuzzer
    269 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:02 AM

mapewest:
    I try the BB L88 and is good, but in this case you have the distance to pin 284yd. The BB L88 have 282yd for distance...lost 2yd. (and headwind sub yardage)
    The Nike L100 have a distance of 287yd and the apex is greater compared to BB L88

So, is the next COMMUNITY challenge going to include every level and tier ?

or just anyone over L96 again ?

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:07 PM

BunkerBuzzer:

mapewest:

So, is the next COMMUNITY challenge going to include every level and tier ?

or just anyone over L96 again

Don't know where you are pulling L96 from. I was making it comfortably into the wind with my BB High driver rated 282 yds, which has almost the exact specs as the SLDR black driver you carry.

In fact the white SDR is available at L 79.   So players from L79 upwards were able to have a go.

Challenge #9 will require a reasonable 3W. It will be a long distance hole-out completion - the distances and prizes were set by Icon before he left for his break. I will be posting in a couple of days once I have sorted out a hole that makes it as fair as possible for all.

• mapewest
    499 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:19 PM

Tamsach:

mapewest:

hakman123:

Awesome shot --- 5 inches lol     

Stone dead - and so close to HIO

;) 
    (Buca In Uno=Hole In One)  

Wow, great Mape! You have been quite lucky, indeed, finding so many  time the head wind always of the same speed (6-8) That it was what I was looking for but never had during my trials. A curiosity: Do you know why in the first replay are shown the club and the ball and not in the others? Ciaooooo

The WGT enigma... Ciao Tam

• mapewest
    499 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:29 PM

hakman123:

Challenge #9 will require a reasonable 3W. It will be a long distance hole-out completion - the distances and prizes were set by Icon before he left for his break. I will be posting in a couple of days once I have sorted out a hole that makes it as fair as possible for all.

A hole of Chambers maybe?

RSS