Forums

Help › Forums

And in other news

Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:37 AM (49 replies)
  • petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2016 4:00 AM

DrussTheLegend:

Ja, and nogal with the 2nd string bowlers too.

Ons het hulle gatte geskop :-)

We won the series 5-0

I can't wait for the test series over in Australia :-)

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 3:52 PM

Hulle was so hard geklap dat hul tande uit hulle gat gemarcheer het, met n band en alles......

Tough to be neutral when ex-country plays current country....

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:36 AM

DrussTheLegend:

Hulle was so hard geklap dat hul tande uit hulle gat gemarcheer het, met n band en alles......

Tough to be neutral when ex-country plays current country....

LMAO!

For those who don't speak Afrikaans:

"They were hit so hard, their teeth marched out their butts with a marching band and everything"

Doesn't really translate well :-)

But yeah, I can understand moving to a different country to improve your career etc, but once a seffrican always a seffrican I reckon.

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:56 AM

But yeah, I can understand moving to a different country to improve your career .

yes .

worked for kevin pieterson .

he is going back to play for south Africa .

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 12:03 PM

craigswan:

But yeah, I can understand moving to a different country to improve your career .

yes .

worked for kevin pieterson .

he is going back to play for south Africa .

Nope he never will.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 6:58 PM

petervcpt:
    but once a seffrican always a seffrican I reckon.

So a question....and it took me a while to work this out when in SA....why do seffrican's always ask if you want r'ce in a drink?

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:41 PM

alanti:
    you want r'ce in a drink?

WTF is r'ce?  Uwotm8?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 3:50 PM

DrussTheLegend:
    WTF is r'ce?

In Scotland it would be pronounced   arrrse

We roll our R's

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 5:15 PM

PaulTon:
    We roll our R's

My favourite Scottish words on the telly (normally uttered by the obligatory Scottish DI [just cause its called Scotland Yard - doesn't have to mean that all detectives are Scottish, right?]) 

- It's perrsonal

- Looks like murrder

Back to the r'ce - not sure why Paul would want someones Arrse in their drink (Bags might have something to say about that) - why would you want your drink to be warm?

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:37 AM

alanti:

petervcpt:
    but once a seffrican always a seffrican I reckon.

So a question....and it took me a while to work this out when in SA....why do seffrican's always ask if you want r'ce in a drink?

I think you mean "eish"

Which is from a recent TV advert...

eish is slang for yowsa, dayum, wtf...

the advert references a transliteration of the word eish, from isiXhosa to English.

Insurance salesman visits a farmer, is plied with loads of brandy and at the end of the ad, the farmer asks "nog een?" which in English is "another one?" and the insurance salesman says "Eish!". The farmer replies, "ja, met ys" which translates to "yes, with ice".

Damn funny advert :-)

And to get back on topic, I have a feeling Australia is gonna kick our butts in this 3 test series. Mitchell Starc is truly terrifying on his good days and we don't have anyone that understands how to play a left arm fast bowler who wants to remind everyone that he's back.

We have some decent bowlers, but I reckon it's gonna be a battle between our batsmen and the Aussie bowlers that will decide this series.

RSS