Forums

Help › Forums

And in other news

Fri, Oct 21 2016 9:37 AM (49 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 6:01 PM

WigerToods2010:

*Inhales*... mmm I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

What did I say?????

The patrons who go to watch test cricket are bored (and ultra bored after a day at the match), escaping from a nagging wife, fancy a day off work in the sun or just want to sleep off the hangover from the night before.

Problem is you go to buy a beer and the only exciting thing happens when you are away....

There is no match fixing in Cricket......well perhaps there has been. Some easy to spot when the bowler bowls a no-ball by overstepping the bowlers crease by 10 yards or the batsman appeals on behalf of the bowler for a wicket.

Even out great Shane Warne has been accused in the past.....he was not texting the bookies.....just texting random woman sextextages.....and he really knew how to bowl a maiden over.

Like WGT, test cricket has been in Beta mode for ever......stops the law suits and neither have got it right yet.

I too am confused over the last part...... .I am too young to remember about a dog licence.....7/6 by memory the cost or so I was told........but Danny Willett was close to getting one LOL.............

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 7:18 PM

craigswan:

Cricket is a sport in which a game can last for centuries. According to legend, the first match was played during the early Pleistocene Era, in a match pitting the Leicester Clubbers against the always feisty Sussex Wooly Mammoths. It is still going today.

Craig,  I made some corrections for you....

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 11:54 PM

If you google duckworth-lewis method this is what you get .

The Duckworth Lewis Method are an Irish pop group formed by Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy and Thomas Walsh of Pugwash.

So at least we know what happened to captain pugwash .

THIS IS CAPTAIN PUGWASHTHE MAIN CHARACTER OF A KIDS SHOW. CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE NAMES OF HIS TWO BEST CREWMEN: SEAMAN STAINES AND MASTER BATES.,funny pictures,auto

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:18 AM

So, does Johnny need sledging explained to him? lol

Dennis Lillee had a sledge that he employed against many batsmen during his much esteemed cricket career.

“I can see why you are batting so badly, you’ve got some *** on the end of your bat”

At this point the batsman would usually flip his bat over and examine the end, to which Lillee would respond

“Wrong end mate”

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 2:22 AM

And sometimes, sledging is directed at your own team mate:

After Mike Gatting was accused of inappropriate behaviour with a barmaid.

English team mate Ian Botham came gallantly to his defence:

“It couldn’t have been Gatt. Anything he takes up to his room after nine o’clock, he eats”

During a cricket match in the late 80’s, Australia were batting and complaining about the short leg fields man’s shadow on the pitch.

Things are getting slightly tense until Graeme Dilly yells out from Fine Leg “It’s a good thing Gat’s not fielding there as we’d be off for bad light”.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:17 AM

Sledging for dummies:

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 12:53 PM

And we just got 3 in a row :-)

Aussies put up a huge score of 371 and we beat them with I think 5 balls to spare.

Proteas win the 5 match series 3 up with that incredible win.

I'm still happy!

...and still moderated.

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 4:02 PM

Make that 4 in a row.......

And hey, everything in Moderation, right?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2016 4:40 PM

DrussTheLegend:
    Make that 4 in a row.......

Sigh............

Oh and Peter - should be banned not just moderated!

In all fairness, probably the best exhibition of ODI cricket I have seen.

RSS