Forums

Help › Forums

Warning! Bad move by WGT with Putting Preview

Sat, Apr 18 2020 3:29 AM (57 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:45 PM

Interesting idea...which Winning Putt also features, maybe that was a bad omen.

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 2:28 AM

I find the putt preview a nice addition. I play the mobile app and it's helpful to see if I am reading the breaks and distance well. Before the game would change camera angles after a putt, so I often couldn't tell which way I was off. 

And since it represents a dinged putt you can see how much affect shooting off ding alters the shot. 

Youre not forced to use it...

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 3:49 AM

Uphill putt with a little break for my first double birdie .

YES - no .

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 4:01 AM

Downhill little tiddler . Cannot miss .

golf

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 7:10 AM

alanti:

I understand that viewpoint, but would it have made learning the game more fun?

To answer your question. For me yes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 7:44 AM

alanti:

kilbraur:

This ar most good thing to add in to the game. I wishes the WGT is has this when I the beginner hack..

I understand that viewpoint, but would it have made learning the game more fun? Part of the enjoyment was working the intricacies out.

I think it would have. In the absence of a putting green, I think this does a decent job of allowing you a way to understand dot speed as it relates to the amount of break their speed causes. That's what makes putting so difficult here in a 2D environment-you have to rely on moving dots to replace an actual 3D view of a line.

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 8:20 AM

YankeeJim:
    I think it would have.

not!

fun was learning by doing things again and again and again, then finally figuring it out and a nice RUSH

YankeeJim:
    In the absence of a putting green,

which we never had or could replicate the putts tryin ta learn

YankeeJim:
    I think this does a decent job of allowing you a way to understand dot speed as it relates to the amount of break their speed causes.

all it does is cut out the try n try again process and cater to the easy fix mob imo

Topgolf show at it's worse!!

Paul

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 8:34 AM

After reluctantly giving it a try I think I'm more on the side of YJ's points .

For those of us who putt using the combination of the aim marker moved, and slightly missing on the proper side, I finally can see the actual difference a slight miss or ding when wanting to miss makes.

I barely play practice rounds but think occasionally with time on my hands, I'll play more now and use this new feature to fine tune my half way decent putting stats.  I've slowly been working myself up to that 55% 1 putt level I could only dream of in my Legend days.

I'll have to give Top Golf/WGT a good review on the new feature, that is as long as it isn't costing any hits on a ball.  Hopefully it's introduction won't create any new bugs/glitches like past intro's have done.

I'm probably one of the biggest doubters of this sites ability to introduce new features that benefit us vs. padding their own pockets, but I believe they got it right on this one.  Only time will tell.

Best thing about it, if you don't like it or don't want to use it, DON"T.

Shoot low and keep the faith--- Ed

• HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 8:51 AM

cdefghi:

Lol [ read thread how long took to get to TL ] wishin he ad d help back when!

cdefghi:
     For those of us who putt using the combination of the aim marker moved, and slightly missing on the proper side, I finally can see the actual difference a slight miss or ding when wanting to miss makes.

Lawyer speak^

u shudda figured that after all this time already ?

next thing ya'll like lights flashing when ding it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ffs  grow up

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2016 9:09 AM

HIOSoon:

cdefghi:

Lol [ read thread how long took to get to TL ]

cdefghi:

u shudda figured that after all this time already ?

next thing ya'll like lights flashing when ding it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ffs  grow up

Haha-  if I grow up anymore I'll be dead, lmao. 

FYI,  anything I've learned in the past as far as putting goes, was applied when I  chose the line and speed of the putts I tried in putt preview mode.  The putt preview only confirmed what I already knew, but it was the first actual confirmation other than just assuming how much my missed dings affected the putts.

This December will mark my 4th year anniversary here, so maybe I'm not the crusty vet you seem to be.

Sounds to me like you have a hair across ur azz because someone agreed with YJ, not you. Possibly getting to my ripe old age will help you mellow out when people don''t agree with you.

If not- try some Kush , Blue Dream, or strain that lightens  you up.

Simple fix if you don't like the feature too:  Don't use it.

RSS