Forums

Help › Forums

Warning! Bad move by WGT with Putting Preview

Sat, Apr 18 2020 3:29 AM (57 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:41 AM

I think it's important to warn players about the putting preview button.

Unfortunately some imbecile thought it would be a bright idea to whack a big putting preview button on the screen that completely messes up the game.

Problem #1

It's a terrible feature unless people are really so utterly useless at putting that they need to be spoonfed and can't practice like the normal people out there.

Problem #2

It sometimes defaults to the stupid putting preview without you pressing the button.

Problem #3

Once you are in the putting preview there is NO option to exit (if you think hitting escape would return you, no sadly they didn't think of this), which means you have to take a shot before it will disappear and that eats up valuable turn time

Problem #4

When it does finally disappear so does the putting grid...yep you're left blind.

WGT is given so many great ideas and suggestions from the WGT community  that could be easily implemented and improve the game tenfold but THIS is yet another  disaster to be avoided.

I don't know who is responsible for deciding which ideas get the green light but whoever it is they ought to be given the boot IMO.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:46 AM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:10 AM

It's a practice tool. Turn it off in the settings if you don't like it. 

"Valuable turn time" in a practice game with no clock??!!   LOL

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:11 AM

PRStevenson:

I think it's important to warn players about the putting preview button.

Unfortunately some imbecile thought it would be a bright idea to whack a big putting preview button on the screen that completely messes up the game.

Problem #1

It's a terrible feature unless people are really so utterly useless at putting that they need to be spoonfed and can't practice like the normal people out there.

Problem #2

It sometimes defaults to the stupid putting preview without you pressing the button.

Problem #3

Once you are in the putting preview there is NO option to exit (if you think hitting escape would return you, no sadly they didn't think of this), which means you have to take a shot before it will disappear and that eats up valuable turn time

Problem #4

When it does finally disappear so does the putting grid...yep you're left blind.

WGT is given so many great ideas and suggestions from the WGT community  that could be easily implemented and improve the game tenfold but THIS is yet another  disaster to be avoided.

I don't know who is responsible for deciding which ideas get the green light but whoever it is they ought to be given the boot IMO.

#5 No button to turn this option OFF in the settings .  Its fine for practice but at the same time it should be a chosen option of use .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:17 AM

You can get the dots back by taking a swing but not hitting. The preview line stays in place and the dots return. This could be pretty useful in studying how breaks happen and where.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:46 AM

The grid not coming back was not happening in our test environment. We're investigating this further. YankeeJim is correct that if you take a swing and don't click to hit, you should get the grid back, at least for the standard swing meter, I have not had a chance yet to try with vertical or 3-click. 

_CHAMPION

• stallion860
    3,312 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:58 AM

I have not experienced any issues that the OP has.

It did show me how terrible some of my initial reads were on Kiawah.Unlike taking a mulligan and re hitting a putt where the grid dots just went straight up and down rendering it pointless this way you can actually redo the putt and so far not get stiffed for 2 hits.

The thing I didn't like with it was it's active for all players in a friendly skins game(yes there's a timer.It wasn't an issue).Sure there are no credits on the line but this gives all players basically 2 tries for a 1 putt.That just isn't right and isn't the skins games I know.

I haven't tried AS and am hoping it isn't available there for the same reason it shouldn't be available on any MP games

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 10:02 AM

WGTChampion:

The grid not coming back was not happening in our test environment. We're investigating this further. YankeeJim is correct that if you take a swing and don't click to hit, you should get the grid back, at least for the standard swing meter, I have not had a chance yet to try with vertical or 3-click. 

_CHAMPION

Hey Champ

So what you're saying is that your dev team never tested all the possibilities before pushing this to the live server?

Wow.

RSS