Forums

Help › Forums

Warning! Bad move by WGT with Putting Preview

Sat, Apr 18 2020 3:29 AM (57 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:20 AM

Hey Champ;

So what you're saying is that your dev team never tested all the possibilities before pushing this to the live server?

Wow.

Wow?...the membership has been the de facto QA department for years. Brilliant on the part of wgt. Why pay people to test, when we do it for free?

When legitimate competition eventually gets here, then wgt will have to worry about customers. Until then..."Guinea Pigs R us"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 11:25 AM

ct690911:
    the membership has been the de facto QA department for years. Brilliant on the part of wgt. Why pay people to test, when we do it for free?

Nothing wrong with that. Keeps the payroll down.  :-)

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:13 PM

YankeeJim:

It's a practice tool. Turn it off in the settings if you don't like it. 

"Valuable turn time" in a practice game with no clock??!!   LOL

Yes we know that. It's a badly though out practice tool. Did I forget to mention that there is NO option to turn it off?

That's problem #5! We can add that to the list and YES there is still a clock in practice games YJ

SolarFlares:

I feel that , the more tools available in the game - the less the logic of the course will escape a lot of users.

Any "Teaching"-Aid  really needs a solid method behind it - otherwise it is meaningless.

I couldn't agree more.

WGTChampion:

The grid not coming back was not happening in our test environment. We're investigating this further. YankeeJim is correct that if you take a swing and don't click to hit, you should get the grid back, at least for the standard swing meter, I have not had a chance yet to try with vertical or 3-click. 

_CHAMPION

The problem is it's just a complete mess as far as the putting grid is concerned (tested several times). In one game I played I couldn't get out of the putting preview and putt UNLESS I clicked to hit.

Adding an option to switch this off in the in-game options might be a smart move don't you think?

Or even having a  X - close preview button or esc shortcut to go back to the normal putt.

The button also looks out of place and could be moved away somewhere tidily but please work on fixing the issues first or preferably get rid of the damn thing.

Thanks

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:23 PM

YankeeJim:

ct690911:
    the membership has been the de facto QA department for years. Brilliant on the part of wgt. Why pay people to test, when we do it for free?

Nothing wrong with that. Keeps the payroll down.  :-)

And keeps the profit margins higher....

What amazes me is WGT deliberately are making this game easier to learn, which probably is great for the gamers. But as a golfer part of the challenge was trying to learn all the facets of the game....by trial and error.

All in all a total waste of programmers time and players requests such as flags for the home nations (British) and avatars for the French have again been ignored.

Great to have the tour avatars and the multitudes of Nepalese players will be happy.

Brilliant use of programmers time...NOT

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 12:35 PM

alanti:

And keeps the profit margins higher....

What amazes me is WGT deliberately are making this game easier to learn, which probably is great for the gamers. But as a golfer part of the challenge was trying to learn all the facets of the game....by trial and error.

All in all a total waste of programmers time and players requests such as flags for the home nations (British) and avatars for the French have again been ignored.

Great to have the tour avatars and the multitudes of Nepalese players will be happy.

Brilliant use of programmers time...NOT

+1

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:28 PM

This ar most good thing to add in to the game. I wishes the WGT is has this when I the beginner hack..

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 5:07 PM

kilbraur:

This ar most good thing to add in to the game. I wishes the WGT is has this when I the beginner hack..

I understand that viewpoint, but would it have made learning the game more fun? Part of the enjoyment was working the intricacies out.

It is kind of like wrote learning, you learn the answer but not why or how that answer is calculated. Putting something on a silver spoon does not make it taste any better....just saying.

• swingsulitis
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:29 PM

please give us a way to turn off preview putt box , its usless. put under options so players can choose to use or not. right now we must take it and lump it according to wgt please change

swingsulitis

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:20 PM

On golfladders.co.uk, formally wgtls, we set our pga tournaments within a wide range of conditions in, yes, practice mode. This tool kills that completely

I had myself a round of 18 holes on chambers, saw the putting practice label, did not think much of it at first, but finally tried it out on the last, par 5 hole. My practice putt just did not have enough to go in, adjusted and made an eagle

Can you get more insight in putting? For sure, but the game is inconsistent enough to surprise the player without that tool

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:32 PM

So RICHKCL has to play something else Ruud  :)     Time for him to move on

RSS