Sat, Aug 22 2009 7:58 PM (35 replies)
  • Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:03 PM

best move you ever made , ty 

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:32 PM

just finished the 18 hole international. my average went from 68.68 to 68  I'm now moved backwards to the pro division also. I want my masters status back !

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:34 PM

Mainiack:

best move you ever made , ty 

oh goody.. another sandbagger... 

Bad form.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:36 PM

i post all scores , take a look at them, i'm not a sandbagger

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:45 PM

Hi everyone, we are working on a fix for this. Will update you soon...

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:46 PM

Watch out you might lose your master driver too!  I hope they fix the bugs on this tier jumble.

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:55 PM

to snake, that was a very useless and accusatory comment. thanks for your completely asinine input

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:58 PM

If it weren't for some of those people demoted having the Master tier clubs, I'd say keep it the way it is.  It would make the Pro tier more competitive and clean up the Master tier, which currently has way too many players in it.  If a player gets to the Master tier and then shoots 80+ in the weekly tournaments, they probably don't belong in the Master tier at all.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:58 PM

Then why, pray tell, would you want to go BACK to Pro?  Yea, accusatory...  You wanted to go back to pro to play the pro tees and the pro tourneys even though you made it to Master???

I stand by my original statement.  Anyone who reaches Master status and WANTS to go back, as opposed to those who can't play on that tier, is the epitome of a sandbagger.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry.  Get over it and move on.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:07 PM

You have to remember Snaike that they made the Master tier far too easy to get into when they implemented it.  A lot of these people had a few lucky 9 hole rounds before the big changeover and were then thrust to the back tees.  It was WGT's error, not the players who have been struggling at the Master level.   It would, of course, help if they would base their rating numbers on 18 hole rounds and not 9 hole rounds.  As we all know, it's very easy to move up just playing 9 hole rounds.  People end up playing their favorite 9 hole set over and over and then BAM, they are in the Master tier with no hope of competing whatsoever.   This takes the fun out of the game for many people, especially those who were enjoying playing it with little or no investment.

RSS