Help › Forums

A tribute to Andyson

Mon, Nov 14 2016 6:18 PM (119 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 12:44 PM

PaulTon:

Get a room boys, this place should do -

Perfect.  Trivago will get us the best price  : < ) 

No worries ct. I'll walk you through it,,,,lol. 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 4:16 PM

We all loved Andyson .  And we the community want to hold a event in his name .

Andyson was a man of the Community and I think it is fitting if us his Friends and Fan,s work together and set this up our self,s .

I am willing to help make this happen .

OPY

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 4:26 PM

I have an idea...why not make Andyson a saint?....Then we could name a course after him....how about St.Andrews?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 4:40 PM

opyeuclid:

Andyson was a man of the Community and I think it is fitting if us his Friends and Fan,s work together and set this up our self,s .

OPY

I agree with OPY and we do want to see him properly honoured but it is pretty disappointed by WGT's response and reasons (from the "Let's be Honest" thread

WGTShamWow:

Hey Everyone, 

Spoke with the higher ups and we wont be able to host a tournament for Andyson's passing. Based on some past experiences and most players that will participate in the tournament not knowing who Andyson was, it doesn't seem like a fitting way to really pay tribute to who he was. We did start a thread where players can post stories or memories of Andy and this seems like a much better way for the community involved with remembering and paying tribute to this beloved player. For the 19th Hole feature, I have passed this suggestion along to the right people to consider. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Charge the players an entrance fee......donate this to a charity......then it does not matter whether the players knew him or not.....

And this thread was way to little and way too late.As for the 19th hole, all good but like most things "under consideration" nothing actually happens.

As like all the workarounds we must jump through to play WGT....the community needs to create it's own tribute for someone who did a lot for the community.

Poor form....I am biting my tongue, but would I really expect anything else?

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 5:25 PM

alanti:

opyeuclid:

OPY

I agree with OPY and we do want to see him properly honoured but it is pretty disappointed by WGT's response and reasons (from the "Let's be Honest" thread

WGTShamWow:

Hey Everyone, 

Spoke with the higher ups and we wont be able to host a tournament for Andyson's passing. Based on some past experiences and most players that will participate in the tournament not knowing who Andyson was, it doesn't seem like a fitting way to really pay tribute to who he was. We did start a thread where players can post stories or memories of Andy and this seems like a much better way for the community involved with remembering and paying tribute to this beloved player. For the 19th Hole feature, I have passed this suggestion along to the right people to consider. 

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

Charge the players an entrance fee......donate this to a charity......then it does not matter whether the players knew him or not.....

And this thread was way to little and way too late.As for the 19th hole, all good but like most things "under consideration" nothing actually happens.

As like all the workarounds we must jump through to play WGT....the community needs to create it's own tribute for someone who did a lot for the community.

Poor form....I am biting my tongue, but would I really expect anything else?

A cynic might suggest the reason wgt hasn't adopted other suggestions was based on money.  For example, if they did produce a French avatar, would they sell enough of them to warrant the development?

In this case, one idea was to elevate Andyson to Tour Champion. No cost. The tier already exists and is not used. It could become a de facto memorial for Phiber, Andyson and those of similar character, who will merit entrance in the future.

WGT could easily do this, and make it permanent and visible. Perhaps by replacing the laughable community spotlight.

As far as a tournament in his honor. I initially thought it was a good idea, but I have come to realize it may be logistically difficult. What about those who follow Andyson?.. Do they each get a tournament?.. Who will arrange them?.. Who will fund them?.. Who will keep track of the anniversary dates, etc. As the list grows, the task will become almost unmanageable.

I believe elevating Andyson to TC is the easiest and best way to pay homage.

ct

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 5:54 PM

Please ,,  Who was late or missed the bus does not matter .

Let us not turn this into a why not ,  We dont need them to hold our own to pay it forward to someone who gave so much 

OPY 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 6:27 PM

LOL, my fellow test rats, we all should realize by now our feedback is the only thing of value to them, our personal lives don't matter!

Not that they wish us any harm, but hey, sh!t happens. This forum is like those balls you set on your desk that keep going, and going ....you only play with it when you need to kill time!

I don't need wgts help to donate to charity I do it every year on my own!

Anyway, right before he passed he shared his last project with me, and others I am sure...

It is a Excel sheet where you can set up any hole on any course and play it, much like WGTs page but a lot quicker and u can set everything but green speed...

It ain't much but it is a little string of andys memory to hang onto...I thought everyone should have it if they want it...

With a glass raised I salute the nicest guy I never met!

Andysons 1Hole Program

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 6:48 PM

fatdan:

LOL, my fellow test rats, we all should realize by now our feedback is the only thing of value to them, our personal lives don't matter!

Not that they wish us any harm, but hey, sh!t happens. This forum is like those balls you set on your desk that keep going, and going ....you only play with it when you need to kill time!

I don't need wgts help to donate to charity I do it every year on my own!

Anyway, right before he passed he shared his last project with me, and others I am sure...

It is a Excel sheet where you can set up any hole on any course and play it, much like WGTs page but a lot quicker and u can set everything but green speed...

It ain't much but it is a little string of andys memory to hang onto...I thought everyone should have it if they want it...

With a glass raised I salute the nicest guy I never met!

Andysons 1Hole Program

I'll drink to that...cheers

ct

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 6:51 PM

opyeuclid:

Please ,,  Who was late or missed the bus does not matter .

Let us not turn this into a why not ,  We dont need them to hold our own to pay it forward to someone who gave so much 

OPY 

Not sure who you are addressing Opy...at any rate, the point of my post is that it isn't too late. All it takes is a flick of a switch. The tier exists and remains unused. No cost to wgt.

If folks want to set up a tournament, that's also fine. I just posed a concern about starting a precedent that will be difficult to continue as the list grows.

ct

• signal3
    12 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2016 8:15 PM

This is my first post . Sorry to hear to hear he is gone. I learned about this game and how to play it from his posts. He will be missed and condolences to his family'

RSS