Help › Forums

*** Release notes 7/28/16 ***

Thu, Aug 4 2016 7:27 AM (74 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:52 AM

DAZZA501:

Agree totally with this.

I always used to think that other golf games were for gamers but Wgt was a game for the real golfers. Or at least those people who have a love of the game of golf. All these useless extras just make the game look bad.

I do like the shot tracker from the tee though. Just wish it was for every shot.

I'm with you on the shot tracker, but it's basically useless for tee shots (other than par 3s).  It would really be great for iron approaches.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:54 AM

WGTicon:

Hi everyone,

Here are the release notes from the last nights product update:

New:

WGT Kitten Ball

• "Meow, meow, meow." Get this new virtual golf ball on WGT, featuring an adorable gray cat face and meows to cheer you on with every shot!
    • Makes a great gift for all your cat-loving WGT friends. (Are you the cat-loving friend? Share your photos of your favorite fur-friends with us, using #CatsofWGT!). Get yours meow in the Pro Shop
    • Inspired by one of our own, Gouda the cat.

Apt name for the cat...

Guaranteed

Our

Updates

Depress

All

:)

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:55 AM

SplashLewis:

exactly

What do they think is more likely.  "Hey!, The new black cat balls have increased our sales by 3%"  or  "Hey, No one likes the black cat balls...by the way, sales are down 20% this month".

I'd like them to do things that speed up the game.  Like, letting you read your putt line while the other players take their turn like IRL.  That way, when its your turn, you can basically "walk up" and putt.  This will also put $ in their pockets as their will be faster ball wear, which means we will need more balls faster.

I love the idea of being able to read your putts as the other player is up.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:03 PM

I have to admit to being a fan of novelty balls, the Corbel ones are fantastic for alt matches.  I'm pretty sure there'll be some of these new ones in my bag very soon.

The other stuff is a bit meh to be honest, the tee shot stat is interesting for now but will probably get dull pretty quickly.  Not as quickly as not having scores register though.  No doubt they'll sort that pretty soon though.

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:04 PM

WGTicon:
    last nights product update
    Duh! Product update? When the notice of shutdown appeared last night it said the site would be down for MAINTENANCE.

That suggests that there would be things that would be fixed.ALL THEY REALLY DID WAS RESTOCK THE PRO SHOP.

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 12:22 PM

Lets see, found out you could turn off the drive stats in options, did so after about the fourth hole.

Something you all fail to remember, we have been told before.  These new things they create(they aren't going to think these up on their own) come from the millions of emails they receive asking for them.

Also you need to think just who OWNS WGT now.  Not who it started with, but a golf game outfit.  I have yet to see any targets on any of the courses I have ever played on.   Hence new toys.  Cause you all know Scott didn't(I hope) ask for these new wonderballs

• doran908
    276 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 1:14 PM

the shot tracker needs to be moved, cameras will not work unless you x-out of it

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 3:39 PM

Woodoworkery:

hpurey:
    I kind of like the info for just trying to figure out what spin gives most carry or roll for my driver

Also you can transfer the spin location to your irons and wedges. We may have had a different place on the ball for like 25% bs, than wgt 

You most clever person. Other people has competitions to see who make most silly comment, you has the real clever thing to say  This why you is champions player

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:05 PM

AceHoler26:

How about making a change that actually allows players flexibility according to USGA rules ?  I speak of being able to break up the iron set.  So that players could carry a 225 yd hybrid instead of the 225 yd 3 iron if they so chose.  Or carrying a 4th wedge, like using the Cleveland 115 wedge instead of the 120 yd that is in many iron sets.  PGA players mix and match a lot, especially players like Phil Mickelson.

Now that would be a great initiative !!!!

• kdownunder
    1,463 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:08 PM

AceHoler26:
    letting you read your putt line while the other players take their turn like IRL.  That way, when its your turn, you can basically "walk up" and putt. 

This is a really good idea too !!!!

RSS