Forums

Help › Forums

*** Release notes 7/28/16 ***

Thu, Aug 4 2016 7:27 AM (74 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:11 AM

Hellooooo.  Anyone guess new tee stats are simply another tool wgt will use to catch culprits using some sort of something to somehow improve scores?

sorta like ding tracking

• CaeptnChaos
    603 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:23 AM

so they give  us such a nice -not really needed catball  and make that no leaderboard works. It is shameful that they probably do not  repair  the crap they have built.

Sad - sad - sad

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:36 AM

WGT Business Plan

Step one - offer new cat balls (Nice!!!)

Step two - Break game scoring (No biggie we'll deal with it later)

Step three - (we can't remember right now but we will come up with something super cool)

Step four - PROFITS!!

Bravo 

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 9:47 AM

Since the cat balls were created by popular demand by 0.0000001% of the WGT playing population, I submit my request for:

They even come with a carrying case:

• jeffmatulich
    482 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:18 AM

Roidrage -

Nice....though that looks more like a sack than a carrying case   ;)

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:46 AM

I feel badly for the Mods, who have to post these updates with a straight face.They know glitches will occur and they know there is generally blow back from the "improvements"... yet, they stoically post the update notice, then the release notes; followed by a period of silence to let folks vent. They wrap it up with apologies for the resulting glitches and the promise to look into them.

ct

• UFCJohny
    713 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 10:49 AM

Hi Friend,

Nice updates and eye love cats meself  lol !

But it would really be nice if you all could fix the Big-Problem with posting scores when we-all play a CC Tournament.  the scores are showing on your pro-file but not on the CC Score-board.

johny  (:--{

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:28 AM

AceHoler26:

WGT, why not spend time making the game more "realistic" rather than spend time making it more "arcade" like ?

Balls with a cat face that meows ?  Really ?

How about making a change that actually allows players flexibility according to USGA rules ?  I speak of being able to break up the iron set.  So that players could carry a 225 yd hybrid instead of the 225 yd 3 iron if they so chose.  Or carrying a 4th wedge, like using the Cleveland 115 wedge instead of the 120 yd that is in many iron sets.  PGA players mix and match a lot, especially players like Phil Mickelson.

Would that not make the game more realistic and fun for the players ?

I don't get it......you have a wonderful product here and instead of making it more realistic you keep spending time on silliness like voices that comment on your shots, crazy lame balls that no serious player cares about, etc.

Do you ever listen to your customers ?  Ever ?

Agree totally with this.

I always used to think that other golf games were for gamers but Wgt was a game for the real golfers. Or at least those people who have a love of the game of golf. All these useless extras just make the game look bad.

I do like the shot tracker from the tee though. Just wish it was for every shot.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:38 AM

AceHoler26:

WGT, why not spend time making the game more "realistic" rather than spend time making it more "arcade" like ?

Balls with a cat face that meows ?  Really ?

How about making a change that actually allows players flexibility according to USGA rules ?  I speak of being able to break up the iron set.  So that players could carry a 225 yd hybrid instead of the 225 yd 3 iron if they so chose.  Or carrying a 4th wedge, like using the Cleveland 115 wedge instead of the 120 yd that is in many iron sets.  PGA players mix and match a lot, especially players like Phil Mickelson.

Would that not make the game more realistic and fun for the players ?

I don't get it......you have a wonderful product here and instead of making it more realistic you keep spending time on silliness like voices that comment on your shots, crazy lame balls that no serious player cares about, etc.

Do you ever listen to your customers ?  Ever ?

exactly

What do they think is more likely.  "Hey!, The new black cat balls have increased our sales by 3%"  or  "Hey, No one likes the black cat balls...by the way, sales are down 20% this month".

I'd like them to do things that speed up the game.  Like, letting you read your putt line while the other players take their turn like IRL.  That way, when its your turn, you can basically "walk up" and putt.  This will also put $ in their pockets as their will be faster ball wear, which means we will need more balls faster.

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2016 11:52 AM

DAZZA501:

Agree totally with this.

I always used to think that other golf games were for gamers but Wgt was a game for the real golfers. Or at least those people who have a love of the game of golf. All these useless extras just make the game look bad.

I do like the shot tracker from the tee though. Just wish it was for every shot.

I'm with you on the shot tracker, but it's basically useless for tee shots (other than par 3s).  It would really be great for iron approaches.

RSS