Forums

Help › Forums

Sun, Aug 7 2016 2:32 PM (43 replies)
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 12:53 AM

Dneirf:
    (04) Ignore adverse feedback, comments, and/or actions within the virtual entity.
    (05) Those seeking an honest game, or honesty in general, within the WGT virtual entity, will not find it.

#4 people who ignore everything they don't agree with, tend to miss out on sound advice

#5 just wrong, plain and simple

There seem to be a lot of misconceptions regarding VEM. The way it was explained a long time ago (and it makes sense) is this:

Vem affects two things, the size of the circles of precision and forgiveness for your clubs.

* numbers below are not actual numbers, they are only meant as an example

Circle of precision

Each individual club has its own circle of precision. Let's say the default circle of precision for your 4i is 4 yards. That means, that a perfectly executed shot can land anywhere within 4 yards from the pin. When your skill level is perceived as improved by the programme, this circle increases to 5 yards, therefore your perfect shot will land anywhere within 5 yards from the pin. The same principle applies for when your skill level (a.k.a. scoring ;-)) becomes worse, only the circle of precision becomes smaller, let's say it shrinks to 3 yards.

Circle of forgiveness

Only comes into play, when you miss the ding. This circle also changes its size according to your perceived skill level. when you play poorly for a while, it gets bigger, so missed dings are being punished less severely. This also goes the other way as well.

So basically, when a player is perceived to be "on the rise" by VEM, it's not uncommon you'll land 10 yards left or right on a slight miss.

Although it seems like certain holes have small circles of forgiveness built in, lol. A few holes on BPB (a few approaches and tee shots on #8 and #18) will always have drastic outcomes with missing the ding by a hair. Same goes for a few holes on Kia and a few others.

The funny thing with all of this is, that the vast majority of people, complaining about VEM, are the ones, who should consider VEM as their BFF. Cause given the explanation above, VEM is just 'bout the only thing that's keeping their ball on the green ;-)

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 6:53 AM

A bit off topic here.......but. There were many "theories" in Canada about crows being killed by vehicles near the small town of Nochit in Newfoundland.It seemed apparent that most crows killed on roadways near there (98%) were hit by trucks.

The NDP government in power at the time decided to launch an investigation and assembled their top people for the task..

After months of research the team discovered that when crows are eating roadkill, they always have a lookout bird watching nearby to warn of impending danger.

The team presented their findings at a lavish dinner party at the Nochit bar and grill with 28 team members and 9 Newfies in attendance.

They announced that the lookout bird could say........... Caw....... but not truck.

Sorry.......was bored   ;)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 9:47 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that is my kind of joke...and well told.  :-)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 10:06 AM

mkg335:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now that is my kind of joke...and well told.  :-)

Joke?...apparently you've never been to Nfld. Ross probably quoted from local newspaper. Big news in them parts..:)

PS: he failed to mention that same committee makes up a large part of FIFA and the IOC.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 11:52 AM

Har!

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 4:19 PM

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 5:44 PM

"Let your friends be few, and your acquaintances be many..."

Well, I guess zero (your friend list) certainly equates to "a few"...acquaintances? I suppose in a one dimensional arena, they are the same thing.

With respect  to your assertion there is no honesty to be found in this game, it's not my BS, but your sad and misguided view of humanity that one should keep an eye on...we reap what we sow...in other words, see above.:)

ct

• webbjoseph
    937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 6:38 PM

Got a question to ask, how would one stop someone who has a real bad and nasty mouth from playing, or is it even possible. i know you can ture your chatt off. but this is supposed to be a gentelmans game. and to me playing someone that is that nasty mouth, there is know place to me here in WGT. can this guy be reported. i was going to post his name buuut, i will wait on that for now. if you can report this guy , how, and to hum would you report him to. ?????? Thanks Joe

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Sat, Aug 6 2016 7:46 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 7 2016 2:16 AM

Dneirf:

[003]

Romax:
    ~snip~ They announced that the lookout bird could say........... Caw....... but not truck. ~snip~

This is all very true, however, you have failed to reveal the NDP's findings in regards to the lookout birds' extended vocabulary while foraging in foreign feeding grounds.

I thought it was funny.

BBC do a load of doco's on all sorts, even the extended vocabulary of crows if that interested:)

Dneirf:

Again, people are unaware of their own ignorance.

mkrizan86:
    ~snip~ VEM is just 'bout the only thing that's keeping their ball on the green ;-)

Thank you "mkrizan86" for your outstanding contribution to The D-VEM Theory. The advocate not only provides revelation, but also milestones The D-VEM Theory from hypothesis to theory.

God Bless,
    -Dneirf

Not sure the BBC did a doco on that, something about severe lack of interest audience wise.

MKs point was worth noting though. 

RSS