Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Sun, Apr 24 2011 7:05 AM (53 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 5:27 AM

I never quit until I started playing alternate

You pick a partner. Says he is a master with a 65 avg, and you think that this will make a good partner. Then you start the game, and every shot you take is out of the rough or the sand, and you begin to think that this guy is to heavy to carry around for 9 holes, so you quit.

One thing I do is tell the fool that I cannot continue playing from a part of a golf course that I have never seen before, and then I quit, and then I go back and forfeit the game

• grady3rd
    45 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:16 AM

x1524807:

You pick a partner. Says he is a master with a 65 avg, and you think that this will make a good partner. Then you start the game, and every shot you take is out of the rough or the sand, and you begin to think that this guy is to heavy to carry around for 9 holes, so you quit.

One thing I do is tell the fool that I cannot continue playing from a part of a golf course that I have never seen before, and then I quit, and then I go back and forfeit the game

Well there you go.  Congratulations, YOU are the perfect example of a poor sport.  You pick a partner and then when you realize that you might not have a chance to win due to his/her poor play, you quit the game.  Every game has 2 possible outcomes, you either win or you lose.  If you can't accept that some of your attempts will result in a loss, then maybe you should just play alone.  And believe me, I know exactly what you mean about being on the short end of the stick sometimes.  I've had partners (they're usually Tour Pro's with little experience, such as yourself) that not only played poorly and mishit shots, they attempted shots that had no chance of success to begin with.  I try to suffer it with some dignity and while you won't find me publicly humiliating someone for a bad play, I might just stay quiet and play on without comment.  But as my record in AS matches will attest (292 wins, 158 losses), I never quit.

Attitudes like yours are an indication that you haven't yet attained the maturity needed to persevere in the face of adversity, and rather than play the cards you're dealt, you choose to throw them away and start all over with a fresh set. Shame on you for your poor sportsmanship, and for thinking that you're such an elite player that you can't have your time wasted with an inferior partner.  I've seen your stats (49% GIR), and you are by far one of those partners that most good players would be suffering with on any given round.  

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:48 AM

re grady3rd.  very well said. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:53 AM

lee22sharon:

re grady3rd.  very well said. 

Wow... I think I've found something that lee2sharon and I can agree on.

Well said indeed grady3rd.

Let's not forget that if you were to play x123456789 you would get chided for using any sort of purchased equipment.  Because they are, as he/she has spouted over most of these forums, cheating.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 4:57 PM

x1524807:

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:
    Don't play me, if I hit 1 bad shot, i'm outta there!

makes you wonder about the people who defend the quitters. Quitting is a mental problem, and once you quit on anything,  you will find it easy to quit on everything. Personally I do not give a hoot if you quit on me. You have shown what you are made of, and of course the reason I started the game was to have fun and win. You have taken the fun out, BUT I STILL WIN, so 50% is not bad

Getting back to those who defend the quitters. Guilty people are entitled to a lawyer, but do you really want to be the lawyer to quitters. UP to U, but in my mind it says something about you

g

WOW and you actually had the guts to admit you quit when you have a partner that is less then what you expected so sad.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 6:11 PM

Oh My God!  Here we go again!  Do you never give in?  If you want to play with starter clubs and balls, that's fine, BUT STOP GOING ON HOW EVERYONE IS BETTER SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER EQUIPMENT.

Looking at your scores I'd say 75% of players would beat you with starter clubs and balls even though most don't use them any more.  So, either get a life, get better clubs and balls and then (hopefully) get better scores, OR JUST SIMPLY SHUT UP!  No one wants to listen to you any more.

• UGGGGJMM
    68 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 9:30 AM

Well said - I agree with you but the top players hate it -  though they dont know why their partners may be quitting

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 4:33 AM

x1524807:

Wow, it must be nice to never hit a bad shot, well done you.  Oh, wait, what's this? Your GIR is less than 50%? These parts of the course you've never seen before wouldn't be the greens would they?  Nice big flat areas with a flag stuck in a hole somewhere?

I've not played many alt tourneys but would never quit on someone just for some bad shots, everyone makes them.   Be decent enough to accept that.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 8:54 AM

x1524807:

SgtDoodles:
    someone answers the phone in my house, then the internet won't work for around 10 minutes

when my dog barks, the toaster pops out waffles

You're such a kind person! 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 2:40 PM

MioKontic:

OR JUST SIMPLY SHUT UP!  No one wants to listen to you any more.

I actually like reading the rants.

It's like virtual Sadomasochism and it's free.

tbe

RSS