Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Sun, Apr 24 2011 7:05 AM (53 replies)
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2011 12:08 AM

thebigeasy707:
    i've only ever quit once because i was so raging that the meter skewed my chip on my 2nd shot at st andrews into the swilken burn

I was there.  You bowed out respectfully too.

• ALbert054
    4 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2011 9:57 AM

I got booted last night right after I made the worst shot of my life, playing with 3 Masters on a closest to the hole game (I was really looking forward to watching some great shots.... next thing I know I make ONE shot and my internet disconnects. Needless to say I got back on and tried to find the guys I was playing with, with no luck.

I'm sure they, just like you... were foaming at the mouths when I, as you would say "quit". It's VERY easy to sit behind a computer and be callus to people. There are some people who take online golf JUST A BIT TO SERIOUSLY and probably quit at the drop of a hat or shank for that matter. If you go around complaining about "quitters" your not going to have a fun time playing man.

I play for fun, I know just like real golf the bad shots even out with the good! But sometime stuff happens, the internet is a fickle beast at times.

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Sat, Apr 16 2011 1:22 PM

You sure get personal over some minor comments. Calling people, who you think might be in their teens a dickhead is truly adult. As for your thoughts on quitters, well, I read what you said about what I said. BS about connection problems. These losers just happen to disconnect when they go in the weeds, bunker or after a 4-putt. Excellent timing, wouldn't you say? Let's get with WGT, see if they'll figure out a way to penalize early intentional exits. That way, folks, like me, won't have to respond on this issue, with folks like you. I have been guilty of some stong remarks on quitters, and on one occasion named a couple of culprits. That won't happen again. Watch your personal attacks, show some maturity. Think I'll keep my rants and raves in the "and you know who you are' category. Fairly civil, wouldn't you agree?

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 5:30 AM

greenrod:
    You sure get personal over some minor comments. Calling people, who you think might be in their teens a dickhead is truly adult. As for your thoughts on quitters, well, I read what you said about what I said. BS about connection problems. These losers just happen to disconnect when they go in the weeds
    h

Whats all the hoopla .When a person leaves the game its forfeited.Foreited is acceptable in sports.We are at home playing these games.When a situation arises at home that needs attending to we will leave.If the meter gets screwy do you actually

expect a person to continue playing and get pissed off so much that at the end of the game he or she gets road rage and injures some one so you can finish a game?

I have left because of a bad meter ,someone in my family needs attention or i gotta take a sheet that wont wait and will probably continue to do so.Make a dont play list and put me on it. Grow up man the world is not at your finger tips.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 1:03 PM

rather an arbutary statement gofbals.  i have found that if you make a chat entry, such as, "sorry emrg must leave" and depart in the correct manner, so that the game will not be sacrificed, it would stand you in good stead.  if you can not spare the necessary 5.8 seconds it takes to make that chat entry you may be called on it.  if it is me i will goad, hound, berate, chatize you unmercifly, inform others if you are a member of a country club, if your user name enters a conversation, your reputation will be mentioned.  one of the golf  communities most admired traits is comadre.  gaining a reputation as a QUITTER, or a LOSER,POSER,BAD SPORT,  i think would be something i wouldn't want.  only my nickels worth.  i still got a whole pocket full of change.

• grady3rd
    45 Posts
    Sun, Apr 17 2011 10:16 PM

lee22sharon:

rather an arbutary statement gofbals.  i have found that if you make a chat entry, such as, "sorry emrg must leave" and depart in the correct manner, so that the game will not be sacrificed, it would stand you in good stead.  if you can not spare the necessary 5.8 seconds it takes to make that chat entry you may be called on it.  if it is me i will goad, hound, berate, chatize you unmercifly, inform others if you are a member of a country club, if your user name enters a conversation, your reputation will be mentioned.  one of the golf  communities most admired traits is comadre.  gaining a reputation as a QUITTER, or a LOSER,POSER,BAD SPORT,  i think would be something i wouldn't want.  only my nickels worth.  i still got a whole pocket full of change.

I'm sure that you are quite correct about poor sports quitting games when they have a bad round going, but you're wrong to think that only quitters, losers, poor sports, and posers suffer the indignity of a WGT disconnect.

I have never quit a round at WGT.  Never.  Not once in almost 2 years here.  I'm a member of a country club that has only one rule, No Quitting.  We pride ourselves on never quitting a round and usually play amongst ourselves so as to always be sure to finish with everyone that started.

A couple of weeks ago, I was in an Alt Shot match with some non-members (a pick-up game, if you will) and the match was AS after 3 holes.  On the 4th hole my partner hit a terrible shank that left us in 50-60, and I could only manage to advance it far enough for him to have a shot from about 25 yds in 30-40.  No biggie, he gets it close and I make the putt, right?  It's a 90 second timer and I start getting a little nervous as it crosses 10 seconds and nothing has happened.  The timer runs all the way down to :00 and stops, but then nothing.  No warning, no reset...nothing.  After about another 10-20 seconds I figure the game is locked up and I refresh my window.  I get the "You or your partner has forfeited the match..." dialog box and I figure something just happened to the game.

But thats not exactly what happened.  I found out later that they were all punted back to the lobby with a 5:00 timer (while I was still looking at my partners avatar and wondering when he was going to hit).  But instead of waiting for me to return, this idiot opponent starts badgering my partner to forfeit because I was a QUITTER, which he does to shut the moron up.  So when I finally get back, the game is gone and this same idiot later leaves some unflattering flame on my wall about how I was such a LOSER and left my poor partner and how I was going on his "do not play" list.

Believe me, I'm happy to be on his list (you can put me on yours too), because the last thing I need in life is to play a game with some uninformed Nazi who thinks he knows everything.  I know, it wasn't you...you weren't here that day....it was some other idiot.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 1:08 PM

why, thank you grady3rd, now i have been called an idiot by the best one.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 1:51 PM

lee22sharon:
    why, thank you grady3rd, now i have been called an idiot by the best one.
    grady3rd:
    Believe me, I'm happy to be on his list (you can put me on yours too), because the last thing I need in life is to play a game with some uninformed Nazi who thinks he knows everything.  I know, it wasn't you...you weren't here that day....it was some other idiot.
    Wow, lee22sharon, reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

Remember kids, "Reading is FUNdamental".

BTW, you can put me on your list, too.  For the exact same reason:  "...because the last thing I need in life is to play a game with some uninformed Nazi who thinks he knows everything."

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 2:50 PM

When a player quits (as apposed to a technical problem) they must press the quit button...right!. So why doesn't wgt make a small program that counts every time you press the quit button when in a multi player game. Then place a small box next to your level score or where ever, so everyone can see your "quit score" before playing.

If you have an emergency and have to leave the other players without a game or points then you should take one on the chin......or make sure your Granny doesn't intend to set fire to her hair  while your engaging in play .....lol

RSS