Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Sun, Apr 24 2011 7:05 AM (53 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Apr 18 2011 3:26 PM

When a player Quits Shoot them,  if Granny sets her hair ablaze while your playing a round Shoot her, she should know better, and those Pesky Fireman for interupting you when putting out Granny Shoot um.

Shoot them all, Go on Shoot the Bloody lot of them, that will teach um.....Teach the lot of them

No Bloody Quitters allowed or Else.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 8:11 AM

griffygriff:

When a player quits (as apposed to a technical problem) they must press the quit button...right!. So why doesn't wgt make a small program that counts every time you press the quit button when in a multi player game. Then place a small box next to your level score or where ever, so everyone can see your "quit score" before playing.

If you have an emergency and have to leave the other players without a game or points then you should take one on the chin......or make sure your Granny doesn't intend to set fire to her hair  while your engaging in play .....lol

So know one thinks this idea has potential?

• grady3rd
    45 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:07 AM

griffygriff:

griffygriff:

When a player quits (as apposed to a technical problem) they must press the quit button...right!. So why doesn't wgt make a small program that counts every time you press the quit button when in a multi player game. Then place a small box next to your level score or where ever, so everyone can see your "quit score" before playing.

If you have an emergency and have to leave the other players without a game or points then you should take one on the chin......or make sure your Granny doesn't intend to set fire to her hair  while your engaging in play .....lol

Not really.  Quitters will simply disconnect without exiting properly (I imagine most quitters already do that).  So the only people this will affect are those that politely state the nature of their early departure and exit without affecting the remaining players.  Hardly the sort of person that deserves a black mark.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:15 AM

alas, i must agree with grady3rd. it is those others that i label, and expose, NOT evryone who leaves a game is a QUITTER, i thought that would have been understood.  if i failed to make that clear in the beginning it is my failure, kudo's.  my nickel.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 10:22 AM

ok, snaike, what part of "some other idiot" did i mis-read?  please be very specific as my language comprehension skills (as determined by you) are sorely lacking.  another nickel thrown away, all to naught.  i still have more.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:47 AM

grady3rd:

griffygriff:

griffygriff:

Not really.  Quitters will simply disconnect without exiting properly (I imagine most quitters already do that).  So the only people this will affect are those that politely state the nature of their early departure and exit without affecting the remaining players.  Hardly the sort of person that deserves a black mark.

Cool, having never quit i was unaware of the process of actually leaving the game. That being said it would be still  nice to know if a player has persistent connection problems. I have no problems being given a disconnection point, if i had to leave 3 players on the 9th hole..for what ever reason. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 2:22 PM

lee22sharon:
    ok, snaike, what part of "some other idiot" did i mis-read?  please be very specific as my language comprehension skills (as determined by you) are sorely lacking.  another nickel thrown away, all to naught.  i still have more.

Seems to me, lee22sharon, that the words "I know, it wasn't you...you weren't here that day.... " completely exonerated you.

We all know that WGT is chock-full of idiots.  If you want to think that you are a part of that club we can't stop you.  And if your response to "grady3rd" wasn't trying so hard to be defensive in the first place, I doubt that you would've taken offense.

There ya go... your 2¢ change returned.

More fun in the name of 'quitters'.

Have a nice day.

• Wayno_1
    397 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 6:13 PM

here ya go... your 2¢ change returned.

I'll give him the other 3 cents...his nickle is worth nothing

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 9:25 PM

snaike, grady:  it's just nice to know that in the future i will not influence you by anything i say.  just think of all those worthless nickles i can save.

• cubs633
    6 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 3:09 AM

People do quit, and I have done it myself, and yes it does annoy people, but everyone seems to do it, whever people like it or not.

RSS