Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:08 AM

micheldess:
    I hit maybe 20% of dings,  i miss so many fairways and greens, even loose ball in ob, brush, in the water... give me an auto ding, i will score 90% of all my round better than i do now...

Exactly..........Apart from not an auto dinger IMO, rather a CE the culprit, but same overall outcome.

micheldess:
    They bannish 3 players, 2  germans, one american it's not enough, i still wait for hundreds of players out of the game...

If the thing could catch a CE (slow mo) there would be more gone, IMO.  Personally I think this whole auto stuff  malarkey is misphrase at least.  Problem is out of that confusion came what we saw as a very raw deal compounded by trial using a ducking stool.........

Latter part is sadly done and dusted, but I do agree with you about the SSs.  Huge announcement and catch someone sending a 7 iron ball 400 yards next to the pin, and another who had CE and Kats calc loaded on the desk top per chance at an Internet cafe for a year........Do me a favour comes to mind.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:33 AM

Yes Jim, i forget the slow motion too, you're right

Wgt will first bannish people sending balls to many time to other players (easy to watch on personal pages of players) thinking they use black market to make money.

After that maybe the multi accout players, i don't know, i'm not wgt

For the auto ding or slow motion i still not sure they can detect or hundreds  of players will be out of this game.

Maybe one day, but i doubt

Edit : maybe they do absolutly nothing against cheaters of all kinds

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 1:27 PM

micheldess:

Comon, stop the ***

I hit maybe 20% of dings,  i miss so many fairways and greens, even loose balls in ob, brush, in the water... give me an auto ding, i will score better 90% of all my rounds than i do now...

They bannish 3 players, 2  germans, one american it's not enough, i still wait for hundreds of players out of the game...

For me Auto ding = bannish the player immediatly or i don't understand...

Michel...you and I have played several games together...you are a Champion tier and an excellent player... 20% dings?

This is what I mean when I say it's a bit confusing to me. My driving is over 90% (please check)...putting gets me in trouble because I cannot read the greens very well. I am also fooled by wind and elevation on approach...but I generally hit the ball decently. 

I am not quite sure what dinging the ball has to do with where the ball lands?...you can ding a shot and have it end up 25 ft from the pin due to the wind. This happens a lot to me.

I don't think the ding (or almost ding) is the key to whether or not a person is cheating.

ct

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 1:38 PM

DodgyPutter:

ct690911:

I'm still a little confused about ding rate being a problem. I ding my driver consistently and my irons aren't too bad...but dinging the approach doesn't offset the wind and elevation. Plus, my putting is barely average for my tier...ding or not...'cause I don't read speed or break very well.

I guess I'm trying to say if I was going to use a cheat device, I would not choose one that lets me hit the ding.

Colin make sure the volume is on and try counting them.  I don't think all this "consistently" "not too bad", etc is very helpful.

Also note how close you get to the pin when you do/don't ding your approaches.  As to putting, do you hole more from 6ft or 26ft?

ct690911:
    Maybe I'm missing something in this conversation.

If you ding at anywhere near 79% then it's not just something in this conversation you're missing, you should be scoring much better.  If your rate is 60% then it's probably better than Mags.

I do see that "reasonable doubt" may be an issue here but I absolutely don't agree that help with hitting the ding wouldn't help a very good player score lower.

Sorry if any of the above sounds like picking on you personally, it's not meant to, I've just seen enough of vagaries about the ding not mattering.  If you're aiming to hit it, and know what you're doing, then it certainly does.

True enough..I don't count actual dings. As I said to Michel in a post, I can hit the ball (ding or close) and I aim it where I want it to go...then the wind or elevation takes over and it lands 30 ft from the pin.

Of course I make more putts from 6 ft than from 26 ft...I suspect most people do. But being able to read the greens is the key here...not simply hitting the ding.

I also said to Michel that, as a journeyman legend, I may be over simplifying this whole thing.

cheers,

ct

ps: Andy once told me to stay out of discussions I know nothing about. As I don't play for credits, or enter RGs or tournaments, this is probably one such instance I should just be quiet...lol

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 3:11 PM

ct690911:
    True enough..I don't count actual dings. As I said to Michel in a post, I can hit the ball (ding or close) and I aim it where I want it to go...then the wind or elevation takes over and it lands 30 ft from the pin.

A couple of things.  The difference between ding and close is important in the context of this thread, close to the ding is usually fairly good though as long as it's close the right side :-)

I'm guessing the 30ft is an exaggeration and probably a fairly large one.  If you want we can play soon and go through this, I'm not great but I'm sure we could improve on what you suggest (send me a pm with times that would suit, keep it out of this thread and avoid waits for mod's). 

ct690911:
    Of course I make more putts from 6 ft than from 26 ft...I suspect most people do. But being able to read the greens is the key here...not simply hitting the ding.

All I was trying to illustrate with that was that if you got closer to the pin then you'd take less putts.  Something that slowed your meter would get you closer. As to hitting the ding on putts, it is very important if that's what you're trying to do.  The person this is about was always trying to ding it.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 8:02 AM

ct690911:

micheldess:

Comon, stop the ***

I hit maybe 20% of dings,  i miss so many fairways and greens, even loose balls in ob, brush, in the water... give me an auto ding, i will score better 90% of all my rounds than i do now...

For me Auto ding = bannish the player immediatly or i don't understand...

Michel...you and I have played several games together...you are a Champion tier and an excellent player... 20% dings?

This is what I mean when I say it's a bit confusing to me. My driving is over 90% (please check)...putting gets me in trouble because I cannot read the greens very well. I am also fooled by wind and elevation on approach...but I generally hit the ball decently. 

I am not quite sure what dinging the ball has to do with where the ball lands?...you can ding a shot and have it end up 25 ft from the pin due to the wind. This happens a lot to me.

I don't think the ding (or almost ding) is the key to whether or not a person is cheating.

ct

Yes i hit only 20% of ding. I'm not a great player but if i have good score sometime it' beacause i have some skill and i'm better than average player.

Just an exemple i just have now : 

I miss all dings, score 8 par and 1 birdie only on 9 holes, give me the slow mo or auto ding, no way this kind of bad score will happens for me.

Wgt do nothing against cheaters, they don't care.

• Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 7:12 AM

I see no problem with some players being able to ding at a high rate. I remember a few years ago playing Battlefield 2. I had a friend who could play as a sniper, eject from a helicopter and put one between the eyes of an opponent before his chute opened. That involved hitting a combination of keys and mouse the exact right way and he did it consistently. No cheating involved, I've stood behind watching while he did it, so I'm sorry, compared to that, hitting the ding is a cakewalk. There are those that can and those that can't, end of. Fair enough if WGT discover a forbidden add on but banning someone without absolute proof of wrongdoing is way out of order

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 8:26 AM

Bill19542:

I see no problem with some players being able to ding at a high rate. I remember a few years ago playing Battlefield 2. I had a friend who could play as a sniper, eject from a helicopter and put one between the eyes of an opponent before his chute opened. That involved hitting a combination of keys and mouse the exact right way and he did it consistently. No cheating involved, I've stood behind watching while he did it, so I'm sorry, compared to that, hitting the ding is a cakewalk. There are those that can and those that can't, end of. Fair enough if WGT discover a forbidden add on but banning someone without absolute proof of wrongdoing is way out of order

I understand the example you have cited..but this is a bit different in the sense that a person could theoretically hit the ding every time and it would guarantee nothing. As I've stated, so many factors impact the ball after it is hit. I have dinged many approach shots that ended up way off target due to wind, elevation, type of club or ball used, amount of spin; etc. I have also dinged putts that miss because I don't read speed or break very well.

I am not saying people don't cheat...I'm sure they do, as in all walks of life. I just don't see how an "auto dinger", by itself, is a guarantee of winning a $$ game or even of shooting a low score.

ct

• garyk49
    2,317 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2016 12:08 PM

ct690911:

I am not saying people don't cheat...I'm sure they do, as in all walks of life. I just don't see how an "auto dinger", by itself, is a guarantee of winning a $ game or even of shooting a low score.

ct

It's not the fact of using to garnish anything(winning).  It's the fact of running 3rd party software within the game.  WGT's T & C forbids it, it I am not mistaken.  Kat's, Bilko"s among others don't run within the game, and they don't control anything with the game.

Most all gaming access(steam,uplay, origin) all use detection software to detect the use of 3rd party software.  Punkbuster used to be the big name used and you could not even gain access to the sites unless it was installed on your computer, it was part of the download. Without it, you could not access multiplayer.  WGT has no requirement.  If they did, these people would not be able to gain access to any multiplayer game or tournament.  End of problem, they could not win credits at all.  But as you know, we download nothing(except flash files) to play.  Games you used to buy at a store and download the entire game on your computer, not the case anymore.  What you buy now really is only the activation key. Some gets stored on your local computer for offline play, but mostly you play online now on the game site.  The files are stored there.  Yes CT even at my ripe old age, still a gamer. Currently playing DOOM 2016

From what I understand the 2 German"s(if not actually the same person) were manipulating WGT code.  (done very easily using the console available within most games, gamers will know what god mode is, this is where it is activated)(not saying this is how they did what they did.  I think hacking would be more fitting for them)  From what I read, the other was supposedly banned for high ding rate.  Is that really the truth.  We all know how transparent WGT can be.

If I remember correctly I did some searching as to what WGT may have been using, back in the sweep thread.  I named names, but it was mostly ignored, in fact there happens to be a different thread altogether using the name of one of them.  People on here that aren't gamers have no clue.  Those that are know whats out there.  In the above cited example of Battlefield 2, the actions that cited could have accomplished with cheat software, but as stated, was standing behind and no other software was running, can these others prove the same thing did not happen.

And go ahead WGT, sweep me all you want, you won't find anything else running on this EMachine that I play WGT on.  The gaming rig sit behind me.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 5:56 PM

ct690911:
    le don't cheat...I'm sure they do, as in all walks of life. I just don't see how an "auto dinger", by itself, is a guarantee of winning a $ game or even of shooting a low score.

ct

Give me an auto ding i will score better 99% of time than i do actually

Every auto dinger should be bannish from wgt

RSS