Forums

Help › Forums

High ding rate = cheating?

Sat, Dec 31 2016 5:26 PM (437 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 9:23 AM

ct690911:

I'm still a little confused about ding rate being a problem. I ding my driver consistently and my irons aren't too bad...but dinging the approach doesn't offset the wind and elevation. Plus, my putting is barely average for my tier...ding or not...'cause I don't read speed or break very well.

I guess I'm trying to say if I was going to use a cheat device, I would not choose one that lets me hit the ding.

Maybe I'm missing something in this conversation.

ct

Colin, you're not missing anything...that point is the crux of the matter.  I won't rehash the details, they've been laid out throughout the thread.  In the case at hand, mere suspicion based on faulty assumption constituted grounds for banishment.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 10:47 AM

ct690911:

I'm still a little confused about ding rate being a problem. I ding my driver consistently and my irons aren't too bad...but dinging the approach doesn't offset the wind and elevation. Plus, my putting is barely average for my tier...ding or not...'cause I don't read speed or break very well.

I guess I'm trying to say if I was going to use a cheat device, I would not choose one that lets me hit the ding.

Colin make sure the volume is on and try counting them.  I don't think all this "consistently" "not too bad", etc is very helpful.

Also note how close you get to the pin when you do/don't ding your approaches.  As to putting, do you hole more from 6ft or 26ft?

ct690911:

If you ding at anywhere near 79% then it's not just something in this conversation you're missing, you should be scoring much better.  If your rate is 60% then it's probably better than Mags.

I do see that "reasonable doubt" may be an issue here but I absolutely don't agree that help with hitting the ding wouldn't help a very good player score lower.

Sorry if any of the above sounds like picking on you personally, it's not meant to, I've just seen enough of vagaries about the ding not mattering.  If you're aiming to hit it, and know what you're doing, then it certainly does.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 11:09 AM

mkg335:

ct690911:

ct

Colin, you're not missing anything...that point is the crux of the matter.  I won't rehash the details, they've been laid out throughout the thread.  In the case at hand, mere suspicion based on faulty assumption constituted grounds for banishment.

So, 42 pages basically boil down to these two posts ?... oi vey.

Edit: WGT is welcome to monitor my games...ding rate and all. They will come away with many nightmarish impressions, but "cheating" won't be one of them...lol

• rdodge
    95 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 11:29 AM

i've had no problems with the meter for months but lately since wgt has tweaked the updates and added that useless tee shot stat box , the meter and the game in general is way worse now then its ever been

ct690911:

mkg335:

ct690911:

ct

So 42 pages basically boil down to these two posts ?... oi vey.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 11:33 AM

Ding between 0-78% or 80 - 100%, just make sure to avoid 79% any round looks the key :)...........79 is the new devils number and you get the ducking stool.

EDIT: re some above recent stuff to be serious for a second.  Main point as I see it (all done) is that an aid will help a v good player.  In this game the main thing is hitting where you want to, and broadly speaking that can be a ding or not as selected.  Anti Q would say he got ahead of himself and just used an aid to choose ding too often and set himself up for the fall.  Pro Q would say he really was not that daft......The "trial" was a ducking stool and useless as any tool of fairness and v poorly played by WGT doing it, and that much we do know................Love to be in WGTs office for 10 minutes to see what they really had / thought they had and how they got it, but we can't.  ...................

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 11:35 AM

ct690911:
    So, 42 pages basically boil down to these two posts ?... oi vey.

If only you had posted earlier, we could have all saved some time :))

• SKrietz
    835 Posts
    Tue, Aug 16 2016 1:56 PM

i think this whole ding thing is over rated i find ding doesn't mean notta doesn,t mean your shot will turn out right anyhow

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 6:49 AM

SKrietz:

i think this whole ding thing is over rated i find ding doesn't mean notta doesn,t mean your shot will turn out right anyhow

Agreed

Ding off the tee is not as important as

Ding on the approach which is not as important as

Ding (if your a ding putter) on the Putt.

You then have to have an idea of how the hole plays, long or short and where to actually place your ball

even with all that you have the wind, elevation of the green, contour of the green and speed of the green. Reading the green IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL to have in this game.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 7:56 AM

SplashLewis:

SKrietz:

Agreed

Ding off the tee is not as important as

Ding on the approach which is not as important as

Ding (if your a ding putter) on the Putt.

You then have to have an idea of how the hole plays, long or short and where to actually place your ball

even with all that you have the wind, elevation of the green, contour of the green and speed of the green. Reading the green IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SKILL to have in this game.

That ^^^.  It also explains why some of the best players can get away with low end putters (sometimes even the starter). I have tried all the expensive putters. I may have well used a golf umbrella. For me, reading chinese poetry is easier than reading some of these greens.

ct

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:45 AM

Comon, stop the ***

I hit maybe 20% of dings,  i miss so many fairways and greens, even loose balls in ob, brush, in the water... give me an auto ding, i will score better 90% of all my rounds than i do now...

They bannish 3 players, 2  germans, one american it's not enough, i still wait for hundreds of players out of the game...

For me Auto ding = bannish the player immediatly or i don't understand...

RSS